The Morning Glory 2053.09 - Moving Day

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2053.09 - Moving Day

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:11 pm

For those that have been around the league for a while, you know that Rocky Mountain Oysters GM Brett Golden is anything but quiet leading up to the trade deadline. While Golden likes to get his trading done earlier in the month of August, as we documented here with the two trades he made earlier this month, it was still a very busy time for the Front Office personnel as the deadline approached as Golden orchestrated four trades! To make it a little easier for everyone to floow, let's just look at who is in and who is out for the Oysters:

IN:
-- MIF Scott Torres (CHI)
-- RP Cristo Muñóz (VAN)
-- 3B Kenan Reis (SFB)
-- 3B Ryobe Watanabe (LOU)

OUT:
-- RP Neill Fenomore (LOU)
-- 1B Cristóbal Cruz (SFB)
-- C Rainer Scheffer (VAN)
-- C Hazðm Danishmend (VAN)
-- P Jonathon Hebert (CHI)
-- 2B Anangam Goenka (CHI)
-- LF Harun Al Rachid bin Jamal (CHI)

We caught up with GM Golden, just outside of the Oysters offices and asked him about the day's events. His response, "Look, at the beginning of the month, I made those moves mostly looking ahead to next season. Then we went on a heater! So, I decided to see what I could do about making a push to see how far we could get this season. Letting Neill go was one of the harder moves - he's pitched lights-out for us since we got him off waivers from Omaha. That one made me think twice, for sure. But the hardest part of all of it - to make room under the cap, I had to release Chuckie [Chip Puckett]. I mean, the guy should be headed to the Hall of Fame but I think he can still be a contributor. I hope someone picks him up."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”