Poblanotes 49.4- Ups and Downs

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 49.4- Ups and Downs

Post by chicoruiz » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 am

Just a mid-season report on who’s up and who’s down in the Chilis universe:

UP: P Chris Sackett- Seems crazy to list a pitcher with a 7.09 ERA as an “up”, but Chris’s ERA was at one point over 30 after a couple of apocalyptic April outings. Since then he’s been gradually chipping away at it, and I think he’ll eventually reach his normal level of decency.

DOWN: P Pancho German- One of my FA signings; I had to wait for his debut until early June due to an injury, and so far he hasn’t been worth the wait. With former #1 overall pick Anthony Jones tearing it up in AAA it would behoove Pancho to get his act together sooner rather than later. He’s one of those guys who e-mails you in mid-season wanting to know about getting an extension; the only extension he’ll be getting is if he wants shoulder-length hair.

UP: 2B Ed Leialoha- I benched him at the start of 2048; he came back and hit .325 for me. I benched him at the start of this year; he stepped in at second base and is hitting .331. I think I may be finally getting the message that this guy needs to be in the lineup.

DOWN: 2B Pete Brace- I really had high hopes for Pete, but I can’t keep running him out there with a .572 OPS. There’s no reason he should be this bad; I’m at a loss. He’s not going to figure it out on the bench; maybe a stint in AAA is in order. Maybe a change of scenery would help. Or maybe he’s just not as good as I thought.

UP: 3B Wllibald Akbulut – He was just pooping along at the bottom of my lineup, when one day I looked up and he was on pace for 30 homers. Plays pretty good defense too; I might be thinking about an extension if he keeps this up. And I don’t mean the hair kind…

DOWN: OF Hector Cano Jr.- Okay, not really “down” so much as not having the “Rookie Of The Year” season I was hoping for. Oddly, his stats are very similar to those of Akbulut, who is listed as an “up”. But I was hoping for more. He’s still a young pup though, and if this league teaches me nothing else, it teaches me patience…

For details on the players mentioned in this article, click here.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”