Poblanotes 49.3- Pete Brace Writes Home

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 49.3- Pete Brace Writes Home

Post by chicoruiz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Mom & Dad,

I’m enclosing a flash drive with some video of my at-bats this year. I know you’re not so good with tech things; if you don’t understand how to use it, wait till the grandkids come over and ask them to help you.

Anyway, I need Dad’s help with my swing. Dad, you’ve always been good about finding the hitches in my swing when I’m going bad. Right now I’m hitting about .180 with no power, so my swing is mostly hitches; instead of finding a hitch in my swing, you need to find a swing in all my hitches.

Otherwise, things are okay. I can’t say El Paso is the garden spot of the world, but I can get by here. I’m sharing an apartment with a guy named Rob Chenowith, who has, unlike me, gotten off to a terrific start. He’s even become kind of a heartthrob to a lot of the local girls; something about his cute British accent and big muscles. Some of them have been baking cookies and stuff for him; if he stays hot I’m going to gain some weight. None of them have gotten past the cookie-baking stage with him, though, and I doubt they ever will. Baseball Annies in southwest Texas are pretty easy to resist.

Our manager Ulf Janz, still has me batting leadoff, mostly I think because the other options are also struggling. (Seriously, that’s his name: “Ulf”. Sounds like he’s being punched in the stomach.) And our GM, Chico Ruiz, will probably keep me around for a bit; he traded a guy who’s now one of the best pitchers in the league in the deal that I came over in, so he’s rooting for me to succeed so he doesn’t look bad.

Well, it’s almost time for batting practice, so I better close now. And speaking of batting, two other guys on the team, Wllibald Akbulut and Shalom Van Buuren, were looking over my shoulder and want me to ask you if you could look at their swings too. Let me know….

Your son,

Pete

For more info on the players mentioned, click here
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Drew_V
Ex-GM

Re: Poblanotes 49.3- Pete Brace Writes Home

Post by Drew_V » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:41 pm

El Paso isn't much of a garden, but it's a wonderful city, with a properly acquired taste.

I recommend Pete Brace spends his early mornings running McKelligan Canyon to clear his head, or maybe a dinner at Cattleman's.

It's a far shot from the balmy banks of the St. Lawrence River, but I'm confident Pete will find the city's charm, and his swing, in time.
Drew Visscher, Bucharest Impalers GM

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:44 pm

I live about a 1/4 mile from there. On the mountain near the shrine.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Drew_V
Ex-GM

Post by Drew_V » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Jwalk100 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:44 pm
I live about a 1/4 mile from there. On the mountain near the shrine.
Truly, of all the cities I've lived, one I've enjoyed just about the most. Great mountain biking, great running trails, and one of the finest AAA Stadiums out there.
Drew Visscher, Bucharest Impalers GM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”