Meet the 2048 Draftees

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Meet the 2048 Draftees

Post by chicoruiz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Now that my draftees are all signed and assigned, I thought I’d take a quick look at my first five picks…

1. Anthony Jones, P
Pluses: Rates at least a grade of A minus in virtually every rating, tangible and intangible. High floor.
Minuses: Not outstanding in the way you’d want a #1 overall pick to be. Can’t hold runners on to save his life.
Hobbies: Played the lead in college production of “Les Miz”: sings “One Day More” on team bus until teammates threaten him with violence.

2. Brad Rogers, LF
Pluses: Puts the ball in play and runs really really fast. Some gap power.
Minuses: Is never going to have the kind of HR bat you want in a corner OF, especially in El Paso.
Hobbies: Fastening croutons together to construct a loaf of stale bread.

3. Mike Ibarra, 2B
Pluses: Speedy slap hitter; pretty much the infield version of Brad Rogers. Could maybe get by at short.
Minuses: If he can’t field SS or hit enough for another position, he might be giving off a utility infielder vibe.
Hobbies: Hoping to complete his collection of porcelain Hummel figurines. “Especially the little shepherd boy”, he wants to make clear.

4. Tim Pohl, OF
Pluses: Has the power bat that you want in a corner OF.
Minuses: Mediocre contact and shaky glove may mean he’s a guy you’ll always be looking to upgrade from.
Hobbies: Is compiling an anthology of dirty limericks. Working title: “It’s Not Just About Nantucket”.

5. Darryl Peterson, 3B
Pluses: He might be able to make the move to short, which would make him a much more interesting prospect than the normal fifth-rounder.
Minuses: He might not, which would just leave him as a corner infielder without speed or power.
Hobbies: Unknown. He had listed “cooking”, but his roommates say his inability to successfully make Jello with canned fruit cocktail sent him into an emotional downward spiral.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”