Poblanotes 2048.3- Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 2048.3- Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

Post by chicoruiz » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:04 pm

You know how sometimes you get text messages that tell you that you've won some kind of drawing for a valuable prize, and you know it's BS, but still for a second you think, "hey...I'm a winner"? That's what the first two months of this season has been like for El Paso.

I knew we weren't a division-leading team even when we were leading the division. And I suspect that we're not even the .500 team we are as I write this. But it sure is fun while it lasts.

With a few exceptions, my myriad of new acquisitions have lived up to my expectations. Ramon Pagan, especially, has been an absolute beast, Hey, a "Pagan Beast". That's not too bad... Even my rule 5 guy, Virgil Laverick has been pulling his weight. And to top it off, I feel pretty good about my draft picks this year. Of course I felt pretty good about my picks last year too, and my #1 overall pick is currently wandering around short-season A ball like a lost soul, unable to give me any reason to promote him.

But anyway, you can see why I'm in rare good humor around the Chilis offices lately. I saw Hao Hang, my LF, who by the way is kicking it into gear after a slow start, and greeted him with, "Hey, Hao Hang...Hao's it Hangin?".

"Yeah... I've never heard that one before...Only about a million times."

Hey, don't kill my buzz, Hao. I know this is probably transitory; even now, my starting pitching is showing some major cracks. But I'm gonna ride these good feelings as long as I can; Lord knows I deserve it after last year.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: Poblanotes 2048.3- Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 am

….a scene taken for the El Paso bus on the last road trip….

DugoutDesperado
Ex-GM

Re: Poblanotes 2048.3- Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

Post by DugoutDesperado » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 pm

I was expecting a scene from "A League of Their Own" when I saw the bus in the opening image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”