Poblanotes 2047.5- Fun Stats (If that's what you consider fun)

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 2047.5- Fun Stats (If that's what you consider fun)

Post by chicoruiz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:02 pm

With the Chilis barreling toward what appears to be a record-setting level of futility, I decided to take a look at some of the team’s numbers on StatsPlus. It’s the same urge that causes people to slow down and gape when they see a particularly gory accident on the highway. Anyway, here are some of the nuggets I unearthed:

1. StatsPlus lists the 100 best batting performances and 100 best pitching performances. Of those 200, El Paso is represented exactly one time: Jose Hernandez’s game on May 14 ranked 93rd in hitting.

2. Only 3 Chili batters have managed a WAR over zero so far this year.

3. No Chilis player has an OBP over .336, which really seems like about league average.

4. I have nine catchers in my system from the majors down to single-A. One is hitting .271 (a 26-year-old in AA). Two others are hitting around .210. The other six are all batting .190 or below.

5. No one can say I’m sitting on my hands through all this; even though it’s early June, 20 pitchers have already appeared in a Chilis uniform.

6. Even though he’s spent about half the season in the minors and has only pitched 30 innings, Sumitomo Takahashi is tied for the lead league in homers allowed.

7. Let’s finish up on a positive note: Ruben Rubio, who was, I think, the first FA I signed after I took over the team, was recently called up to the majors and has a 0.00 ERA through his first few appearances.

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders finished 20-134; I’m pretty sure I can beat that anyway. Looking forward to maybe cracking double figures in wins with tonight’s sim. Fingers crossed…
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Poblanotes 2047.5- Fun Stats (If that's what you consider fun)

Post by Fat Nige » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:12 pm

I really don’t think that whatever anyone does that the Wichita/El Paso franchise will ever improve lol. I’m proud that I actually got the finances there back on track and turned the large losses into some profits at least, but as for winning . . .
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”