Poblanotes 2047.2- Old and New Faces

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 2047.2- Old and New Faces

Post by chicoruiz » Wed May 26, 2021 3:05 pm

So, I walk out onto the field for my first day of spring training as El Paso GM, and who’s the first player I see? None other than my old friend from Jerusalem, Youp Lenoir!

“Youp”, I cried, overjoyed to see a familiar face, “Great to see you man! How is your anus?”

Okay, that may require some explanation. When I had him at Jerusalem, Youp blamed his ever-plummeting level of performance on massive, chronic hemorrhoids that apparently ran in his family.

“Magnifique!” he replied happily. The doctors here in the US put the little rubber bands on them, and in a week or two- voila, they were all gone! I have pictures if you like.”

“Uh, I’m going to take a hard pass on that”, I replied. I neglected to mention that hemorrhoids or no, his performance hadn’t really improved and he was most likely headed for AAA Albuquerque this year. But I suppose anything is possible, and a healthy, happy Youp could end up being an asset on a team in our position. The bar is not exactly set super-high…

A couple of other things I noticed the first day:

-Our best pitcher, Phil Cole throws a knuckleball, just like my best pitcher in Jerusalem. An omen??? I do love me some knuckleballers…

-Our first baseman and possible best player, Jose Hernandez, is ginormous; he’s listed at 6’8” ands 230, but he looks bigger. Not looking forward to any rough salary negotiations with him.

-I thought that leaving the UMEBA I’d get a break on hard-to-pronounce names, but we have a shortstop in camp named Aniruddha Meenakshisundaram. If he ever makes the big club, the clubhouse guys will burst into tears at the prospect of having to sew his name on the back of his jersey.

All in all, my first impressions are pretty superficial, but I won’t really know more till we start playing real games. It’s like: I lived in an old house once where the basement walls leaked after a heavy rain. I bought some sealant, but you couldn’t apply it when the walls were actually leaking; you had to put it on on a dry day, then when it rained you found out whether you fixed the right places. That’s what trying to fix this team before I’ve seen it play feels like.

But, as I say, the bar for anyone on this team is pretty low, and that includes me. If I can just win 60 games- well, that would be the best season in the last seven. I mean, surely I can win 60 games, right? Right???...
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Poblanotes 2047.2- Old and New Faces

Post by scottsdale_joe » Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 pm

If anyone ever needed a nickname, it's Aniruddha Meenakshisundaram.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Wed May 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Good luck getting as high as 60 lol
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Ahhh my boy youp....rookie year won a championship with me in Jerusalem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”