The end is nigh (2046-14)

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

The end is nigh (2046-14)

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 am

The End is Nigh

When I was finally called into Brother Allred’s office, I had a fair idea why. It wasn’t hard to see. For weeks he had been avoiding me and either passing me terse notes via his assistant or sending Sister Allred to talk down to me. Now the moment had finally arrived the moment of reckoning.

When I was let into the owner’s suite it was all business.

“I won’t ask you to sit down Nigel, it’s not really that kind of meeting. I’m sorry it’s come to this, but the franchise is going nowhere. We are losing games in ever increasing numbers year after year. I know you’ve been good and sorted out our financial woes, I was very pleased to actually get a profit this year, but it just isn’t enough. El Paso has become like Wichita before, the laughingstock of the BBA and it just can’t go on. I do appreciate all you’ve done here and your fiscal restraint over the last five years which is why we are having this meeting face to face rather than you just receiving a note. As you may surmise, we are dispensing with your services, we have reached the point of no return. I have been looking around the league for other options and indeed other leagues, as quite frankly no-one in the BBA would touch us with a bargepole. I have now made my decision and hired young, up & coming GM Rich Young to be year replacement. And just as a token of my appreciation for your five years of hard work I have spoken to the owner, Abdul-Alim Mufeed, of Mr Young’s former team, the expansion Riyadh Red Crescents of the Unified Middle Eastern Baseball Association, and he has agreed to take you on as their replacement GM. I know you came to us from Cairo of the UMEBA so you will have no worries about working there again. So, that’s it. Thank you for five years of 100 win losses and I wish you better luck over in Saudi Arabia.”

And that was that, the door was shown. I was no longer required once more. It wasn’t the first time in my long GM career which started way back in 1995 with the former Omaha Barnstormers franchise as the MBBA opened it’s doors again after a long hiatus and I probably guess it won’t be the last in my career as a GM in the Brewster, the European Baseball Association and the Unified Middle Eastern Baseball Association. One more office to pack up, one more flight to book and yet another place to learn about.

My best wishes to Mr Young, he’ll need it in this job. No doubt we’ll pass each other in the airport, him arriving with a spring in his step and me shipping out to yet one more job. I’m not a very good GM and I’m certainly not the faithful servant type, I thought I’d found my resting place here, but it just didn’t work out. So, onwards to Riyadh and hopefully better luck.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The end is nigh (2046-14)

Post by Dington » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:47 pm

I didn't know teams could trade GMs. I bet Nashville fans are pulling to send me back to UMEBA, too!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Dington wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:47 pm
I didn't know teams could trade GMs. I bet Nashville fans are pulling to send me back to UMEBA, too!
The Brewster is really groundbreaking in so many ways...although the Indians and Tigers once traded managers in the 60s but who cares about "Major League Baseball."
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:12 am

A couple of Yankees players traded wives once so I think anything is possible.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:18 am

:D :bag:
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”