Despair in El Paso (2046-13)

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Despair in El Paso (2046-13)

Post by Fat Nige » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:11 am

Rock bottom has arrived

The annual disintegration of El Paso has started early in 2046, by the second sim the Chilis had already regained their bottom place. A 8-18 April does not suggest that they will be giving it up any time soon. We have been around the rotation six times and only one pitcher in the rotation has managed more than one win. That surprisingly enough is not the great franchise hope Phil Cole. Even he has been unable to halt the slide although his ERA of 4.31 does lead the rotation. He’s on course for 140 K’s in his rookie season with a 6.4 WAR projected, but it’s a drop in the very vast ocean, the rotation is currently on course to be tagged with 81 losses, with the bullpen projected to lose 21 games there’s your 100 loss season once more on target.

The players appear to be an improvement on years past, when I took over the franchise only had one player rated in the top 20 at their position by OSA, now El Paso have seven players rated in the top 20 in their position in the BBA but only one in the top 10. It doesn’t seem to matter though the results haven’t got any better, in fact they’re heading in the opposite direction. Don’t expect any help from the farm either, the media, probably quite rightly poo poo the OSA 12th placed ranking of the Chilis minors and instead rank them as one of the worst three systems in the league. The minor league affiliates rarely see any post season action and have suffered two major blows this year so far with both Josh Hayward and Paul Burton gone for the season already. Hayworth has a torn labrum while the unlucky Burton has suffered his second elbow reconstruction surgery in his short pro career. He was only drafted in 2044 and due to administrative errors, he has already been poached by a Mexican league team, been drafted when not eligible twice in the Rule 5 draft, and now two elbow reconstructions.

There’s finally some money in the kitty, last year we made nearly $13 million profit, the biggest in the franchise’s history, but it doesn’t really mean a lot. If we sank every cent we had into FA’s we might just afford one top pitcher, but as Cole has proved, one top pitcher doesn’t make a rotation. Our #1 draft pick this year is an outstanding centre fielder, but doubtless he will get swamped by the sea of mediocrity all around him.

Five years of struggles under me has taken its toll on everyone, Brother Allred won’t even let me into the owner’s suite and somehow I feel for the good of the franchise and my health, I haven’t got long for this job. It’s clearly beyond my capabilities to turn this vast behemoth around, I can’t even get a couple of wins extra each year. The players are unhappy already, thirteen players are complaining "they don't handle losing well", I do believe they're in the in the wrong team then. I really don’t have a clue what to do other than turn to the bottle each & every day. Don’t expect much news to come out of my office in El Paso anytime soon.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”