GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Brother Allred takes the reins (2043-2)

Post by Fat Nige » Tue May 26, 2020 10:24 pm

All good things come to an end

Image Image

The ragtag bunch of press hacks and social media types that could be bothered to attend the ”Evening Soiree at the Aviators Owners Suite” were rather surprised to find it hosted by a relatively young couple, gliding around supplying the drinks and finger food. Surprised, but not really bothered, as after all, free food and drink is nice whoever is running the show. After a while though the man called the room to order and began to speak. He said he had a video for us to watch that might explain a few things for them and directed their attention to the giant screen at the bar end of the suite. It started and the familiar face of Owner Thomas Magnum appeared to fill the screen.

I’m sure a lot of you are wondering why I’m not there in person with you today, well the answer is that I’ve finally had enough of it all. The Aviators have been the worst purchase I’ve ever made, they’ve lost money hand over fist for me and who can say it’s a joy watching 100 losses every year. So, I’ve gone and done something about it finally. These lovely young people hosting tonight’s get together are Dallan & Deirdre Allred who have agreed to take the whole bloody shit-show off my hands. So, thanks for everything and I’m off back to my sun lounger by the pool

As the video ended all the attention in the room switched back to the far end where the two youngsters were lounging on chairs on the stage area. The man spoke first “My name is Dallan Allred and this is my wife, Deirdre. My parents are from Utah and my father was a bishop in the Church of the Latter-Day Saints, my mother wanted to be a bishop, but our religion doesn’t allow women to be ordained. The continuing dispute with our church elders over this made me very happy at 18 to set out on my mission, which turned out to be to establish a branch of the Church of the Latter-Day Saints in Kansas. There I met my lovely wife, Deirdre, and she was pleased to join me on my mission. We are not so much CLDS so much these days but more Liberal Mormons, we differ from some of the teachings of the LDS. “
Deirdre nodded demurely and started to move among the guests with the drinks again. Dallan continued “Deirdre was the baseball fan, not me, I didn’t, and to some extent still don’t, know a lot about it. She badgered me to get involved with the new Wichita team, but I wasn’t that keen. Deirdre became a firm fan of the team and was often a guest of Mr Magnum’s. Finally, this season, with the introduction of GM Laverick, I believed the team to be improving, most importantly, in the financial aspects. Seeing Mr Laverick’s effect on turning a nearly $20 million loss into a $2-3 million profit convinced me that with some more charitable help the Aviators have a more successful future. We will have more details later how we will go forward, Deirdre & Myself are joint owners going forth and we would prefer it if, in the way of our church, you could refer to us in your address and reports as Brother Allred and Sister Allred. Thank you for your time today and I hope to see you all again soon”
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Brother Allred takes the reins (2043-2)

Post by RonCo » Wed May 27, 2020 10:31 am

Interesting twist!
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Wed May 27, 2020 10:47 am

You're still shitty!

haha

Nice turn of events though. See if new owners can spark life into the franchise.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Wed May 27, 2020 11:38 am

What's higher for Brother Allred: wives or playoff appearances as owner of the Aviators?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm

I'm hoping the change of owner to a more generous one might save me spending half my pp's every year on allowing me to have a little wiggle room
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Wed May 27, 2020 5:41 pm

One of the reasons I want to make sure I right a lot early on with Portland is to give myself PPs to buy cash if need be and things turn south budget wise. Felt I was making some headway. At one point my proposed 2043 budget was $118 million. My owner dwindled it back down to $112 though. Which is where I was in 2042.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Wed May 27, 2020 6:56 pm

That was my problem Chris, I inherited a loss making machine with no money anywhere, there’s never been a cent in our bonus funds account. By not chasing contracts aggressively and cutting dead wood I turned a $19.6 million loss into a $2.3 million profit thanks to buying cash. Now I’ve done it for year two as well, hopefully more prudence and the addition of generous owners will mean that year three won’t need the liberal application of PP’s to keep it the ship on an even keel
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Thu May 28, 2020 2:11 am

Focus on revenue. Profit will come as a result. Revenue is king, though.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Thu May 28, 2020 3:38 am

RonCo wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:11 am
Focus on revenue. Profit will come as a result. Revenue is king, though.
I'm trying lol, I managed to hold on to a nearly full stadium until the last few weeks and ended up despite a 37% drop in ticket prices with a rise of over $2 million in revenue. This year I'm trying to claim 7.5% of those ticket prices (75 cents) back which could potentially add around another $1.5 million to the revenue if the crowd will wear it. Small steps, but going the right direction I hope. There's no quick fix here I think, or probably you need a GM with more tools in his locker than me lol?
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”