2041.01 Wichita demotes manager

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2041.01 Wichita demotes manager

Post by felipe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins, paces angrily around his spacious office, muttering and gesticulating at the windows that overlook the beautiful expanse of Thomas Magnum Field.

"Six years," he mutters at his assistant to the GM, Zach Bauer, who is hunched over on a leather couch, fingering the blade of a well-honed machete.

"Six years," echoes Bauer as he takes a couple of cautious swings in the air with his blade.

"We've had this club for six years, and we still haven't had a winning season," mutters the Genius as his pacing picks up speed.

"I understand," grins Bauer," I'll go pay a couple of...visits...to a couple of our guys..." He stands and swings the blade menacingly.

"No." says the Genius," I don' think that will work this time...the league has been keeping a closer eye on us, since the marked increase in our 'little accidents'. We may have to be a little more discreet this time. I think the current situation calls for more subtle manipulation."

Bauer frowns and furrows his eyebrows. He appears deep in thought. "What the fuck?!" he finally explodes.

"I know, I don't like it either," frowns the Genius.

"That's not really my thing, Genius," considers Bauer.

"Mine either," admits the Genius. The Genius hits the button on the intercom on his desk. "Hey, get off of your ass and bring me Ben Forga."

"Manager Ben Forga?" asks the disembodied voice," Right away sir!"

Wichita Manager Ben Forga runs into the office breathlessly in under two minutes.

"You took your damn time," sneers Bauer, as he performs a couple of practice thrusts with his machete.

Forga looks up from where he's breathlessly hunched over, hands upon his knees," I came as fast as I could," he stammers.

"Its ok Doc," grins the Genius," I got some good news for you."

"Oh yeah?" asks Forga waringly.

"Yep, you've just been named the new manager of the AAA Albuquerque Coyotes." grins the Genius.

"But I'm a big league manager, Genius," stammers Forga.

"Not a very good one," sneers Bauer.

"I'm not going," stammers Forga," You'll have to fire me, and pay me what's coming to me."

The Genius picks up Forga and throws him against the wall, kicking him a couple of times in the ribs as he lays on the floor.

The Genius kneels down beside Forga and gently says," I don't think I heard you right Doc...I think you meant to say that you'd be thrilled to do anything to help the organisation...so thrilled that you are willing to sign an extension."

"That's what I heard Genius," grins Bauer as he resumes fingering his blade," We sure would hate to see anything happen to your beautiful twin girls...fingers, ears...noses...its funny how things like that suddenly go missing from teenage girls..."

"What's that?" The Genius perks up," Teenage girls? Hmmm...maybe I've been hasty here.."

'I'd love to go to New Mexico!" screams Forga," In fact, we're leaving today!"

Forga scrambles up and runs from the room.

"Subtle manipulation," grins Bauer," I think I like it."

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 2041.01 Wichita demotes manager

Post by jleddy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeesh...didn't know you had it in you, Stu!
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 pm

We ain’t in Kansas anymore.

Well, we are, but ...
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Vinnie's taking notes. This is like a how-to seminar ...

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:50 pm

lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”