2039.02 Whitley Jr. contract not terrible after all

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2039.02 Whitley Jr. contract not terrible after all

Post by felipe » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:25 am

Twenty-eight year old, Duane Whitley Jr., has been mashing...just like Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins, thought he would.

"People scoffed when we gave Duane a guaranteed six year deal at $14 million per season," grinned the Genius," But, those people are idiots. A premier hitter who can play third base? He's priceless."

"Of course, when he got here, we discovered that he couldn't actually play third base that well...so we moved him to first base. And of course, we always had Jim Gouzzie coming to play third base in 2040...so we didn't really need a third baseman. And to pay a designated hitter or first baseman $14 million is ridiculous...unless he's a generational talent...which Whitley doesn't seem to be."

"But, I had done my homework...we knew that Whitley would get a 6% boost to his numbers just by switching ballparks from Twin City to Wichita...and we knew we were getting a guy just entering his prime years...which means you gotta pay a little more...and he's Canadian, which everyone knows is just plain better."

"So yeah, I could pretty much guarantee that Duane would be hitting at this .942 OPS level over his first 100 games when I signed him, and I fully expect him to stay at that level for at least the next 500 games of his career."

"There is probably no truth to the rumour that he will be exposed in the expansion draft. Probably none at all."

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2039.02 Whitley Jr. contract not terrible after all

Post by recte44 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Raise your hand if you saw Whitley Jr. becoming an All-Star in 2039.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”