2038.17 Rule V Bullock returned to Brooklyn

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2038.17 Rule V Bullock returned to Brooklyn

Post by felipe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Rule V draft pickup, twenty-six year old right fielder, Jack Bullock, was returned to Brooklyn today, after appearing in 2 of the Wichita Aviators first thirteen games. Bullock went 0 for 8, with two walks and three strikeouts, while safely handling one out of two routine chances in the field.

"I don't know how you miss a routine chance in the outfield and not get charged for an error," grimaced Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins," I guess if you're too slow to get into the vicinity of the ball, its hard to charge you with an error...but...geez Louise."

"I have never seen a player look that bad in eight at-bats," continued the Genius," The way he feebly swung...the way he left six guys on base...I felt sorry for his mother...that she had to bring that mess to term."

"So yeah...he'll fit right in with those clowns in Brooklyn."

"It was good to see the Genius again," enthused Bullock" Even if it was for just a little while...at least it got me away from those clowns in Brooklyn for a couple of weeks."

Bullock was apparently let go, despite filling a desperate need as a right handed outfield bat, so that Wichita could keep their grip on their last remaining 2038 Rule V selection, surplus left handed bat Jose Espinosa, who fills absolutely no holes in the Wichita lineup and projects at best as a Quad A outfielder.

"I gotta feeling about Jose," grinned the Genius," A feeling down deep inside...oh yeah...Oh Yeah!"

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2038.17 Rule V Bullock returned to Brooklyn

Post by Ted » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:59 am

He could end up useful if he grows into his power. If he bumps again, he's probably a solid to above average starter.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”