2038.01 On A Higher Plane Getting somewhere

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2038.01 On A Higher Plane Getting somewhere

Post by felipe » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:45 am

The Wichita Aviators announced a trade today, while conveniently not addressing the last two months of the 2037 season, the exciting news out of the Florida prospect league, their off-season free agent signings, their Rule V pickups, their International free agent signings (or lack of) in 2037 and now 2038, their 2037 amateur draft picks, their 2037 September callups, their releases, their player retirements, their new staff hiring, their exciting prospects who may break in to the team this season, their ticket price hike, their positional locks, how much Wichita hates Madison, (and Yellow Springs), and indeed, an ever growing number of teams...

"I may circle back to those things, then again, I may not," smiled the Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins," My time is precious, and my interest is fleeting. How does one catch a dream?"

The Aviators fleeced the Omaha Hawks yesterday, bringing in a real life starting pitcher. Its debatable if the Aviators have ever employed one of these creatures in their inaugural previous three seasons. So this deal is a win for that reason alone.

Hirotada Miura pitched in 238 innings last season, the Aviators team record high after three seasons is 216...by Abe Colbert...who had a 5.37 FIP while doing it...a logical argument follows that 216 innings for Colbert is entirely too much.

Miura won 15 games last season, (spare me your advanced stats, you geeks), reliever Kidanu Cherono clinched the Aviator franchise record with eleven wins, just last season.

Miura is not the second coming of Steve Nebraska, but Miura is a pitcher who should give the Aviators 200 solid starter innings over 35 starts, with a 3 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a roughly 4.50 FIP.

Miura embodies solid competency...which is something that is completely foreign to the Aviators and their fans.

Going the other way to Omaha are useful relievers Astika Ramahdan and Armando Rasquilha.

"This deal isn't the end all to be all of trade dealing," confused the Genius," Miura may only be a here a season...I'm sure he will want a hefty raise, and I'm not sure if I want to pay it...luckily the team playing behind him will damper his numbers and may make him more reasonable in negotiations for an extension...or he may insist on going into free agency...I guess we will see."

"Omaha needed some cap relief, and we sent them two decent relievers and some cap room...but by the same token, I've once again inked 18 major league pitchers to major league contracts without any of them having any minor league options, so I'd argue I got something for nothing too..."

"An act that both sides got something out of, is not how I usually like to do things...but I can live with it...for now..."

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038.01 On A Higher Plane Getting somewhere

Post by RonCo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am

Heard on the street: "You can't really argue with the Genius, but mostly because you can never figure out what he's doing."
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”