2037.18...On A Higher Plane...Aldridge big league debut

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2037.18...On A Higher Plane...Aldridge big league debut

Post by felipe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:23 am

In the most anticipated event in recent seasons in the BBA, prized pitching prospect, twenty four year old, Lane 'Dr.C' Aldridge, finally made his big league debut, July 7 against the Jacksonville Hurricanes.

Aldridge went a strong 5 1/3 inning against Jacksonville, before reaching his pitch limit of 80, leaving the game with the Aviators up 1-0 with a runner on second base. The Aviators allowed the inherited runner to score, before completely capitulating over the final 3 2/3 innings, losing 7-3. Aldridge scattered three hits and two walks against three strikeouts in his debut.

Aldridge was selected in the sixth round in the 2031 amateur draft by the Havana Sugar Kings and was subsequently traded three times during his six year progression from Rookie ball to the Bigs, passing through Havana, Calgary, and Nashville before arriving in Wichita.

Aldridge was the 'incentive' in Wichita acquiring declining veteran right fielder, Bump Jenkins, and his extremely large and long contract. Jenkins lasted 14 games in Wichita before an extremely suspicious clubhouse shoulder tear, ended his big league career, permanently.

Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins has disavowed any responsibility for the mishap, and Jenkins has declined any comment, pointing instead to the legal terms of his insurance settlement for the remaining $96 million that was owed on his contract.

"I think my devastatingly effective trades in getting Aldridge and Cherundo to Wichita have given this franchise their first true number 3 and 4 pitchers," grinned the Genius," Well...if you squint...maybe they're legitimate 4, 5's on a true contender...in any case...they are the first pitchers I've felt any real affection for since we got to Wichita."

The duo appear destined to start for the Wichita Aviators in their first ever playoff series, presumably later in 2037.

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”