2037.17...On A Higher Plane...Aviators win another trade

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2037.17...On A Higher Plane...Aviators win another trade

Post by felipe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 am

The fantastic Wichita GM, Genius Hopkins, won yet another deal this week, as he masterfully sent little used backstop, twenty-three year old Anibal Garcia, to the hapless Montreal organisation for TWO star pitchers, twenty-eight year old righty, Matt Hansen and thirty-one year old lefty Flat Tire Flores.

"I was inspired by the latest podcast in this deal," admitted the Genius," I appreciated how they said I robbed and violated Brooklyn in the Forryan deal...so I decided to look for another victim for the same scam. Montreal is always up for being a patsy, and so the deal was rapidly consummated. I said I'd call him again, but I won't."

Garcia is the latest in the long line of catchers to come off of the Aviator production line; decent skills, but skills that aren't backed up by a history of results, at any level.

"Like I always told Beane," grinned the Genius," If he's such a good hitter, why doesn't he hit better?"

Hansen is a manager's dream; tall, right handed and most importantly, he's had a hell of a career, both as a starter and a reliever.

"Yup," grinned the Genius," That's a CAREER 4.45 FIP...that's way better than any other guy I got on our roster currently."

Flat Tire is a protypical Loogy, and the Genius always says, you can't have enough left-handers...so there's that.

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”