2037.15...On A Higher Plane...Aviators battle through injuries

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2037.15...On A Higher Plane...Aviators battle through injuries

Post by felipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am

"It doesn't hurt Pedro, suck it up." Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins, grabs the leg of Wichita centerfielder, twenty-two year old Pedro Martinez, as Pedro lies on the infield grass after legging out an infield hit.

The Genius twists and pulls on the leg as Pedro screams in agony.

"You're such a pussy." he murmurs.

Pedro cries and holds his knee with both hands.

"Hmmm...is that a bone poking through your skin?" inquires the Genius.

"Get...The...Trainer." cries Pedro through clenched teeth.

The Genius releases the leg and turns to Aviator manager Ben Forga as they stand side by side and both gaze down at the stricken outfielder, who is slowly rolling back and forth on the turf, shaking with snatched sobs," Whaddaya think Doc?"

"I'm not a doctor Genius, I keep telling you, that's just a nickname...but since you're asking, I don't think knees are supposed to bend backwards like that."

"Yeah," laughs the Genius," Did you see his leg just flapping around when I grabbed it...too crazy."

"I dunno though...I'd hate to take him out of the game."

The Genius reaches out his foot and gently kicks Pedro's ass, "Hey! Rub some dirt on it and lets go!"

Martinez continues to cry weakly, clutching his leg.

"Well...who you gonna put in centerfield?" the Genius asks Forga.

"Ismael Pena, I guess," stammers Forga," I've already got Dickinson at first base today, and to be honest, I'm not all that sure how to pull off a double substitution like that, where Dickinson goes to centerfield, and someone else plays first base...quite often I lose both guys when I attempt a wild and crazy managing maneuver like that."

"I hear you...baseball sure gets confusing sometimes." The Genius yanks on the leg that Pedro isn't holding," Lets go buddy, you're holding up the game."

Martinez screams.

"You know Genius...you were a lot more understanding when Cloughie tore his hamstring." Forga notes as he toes the prone Martinez.

"Yeah...but not only is Cloughie a veteran, but he got off the field under his own power..he didn't just lie around milking it...there's a big difference..."Genius shakes his head.

"This is gonna give me a big hole in centerfield..."Froga says dejectedly.

"Yeah, I suppose it will...I'm gonna bring up a first baseman for you, Juan Perez, instead of a centerfielder like Jorge Rincon...I think we can use an infusion of power...at least until Cloughie gets back to the team..."says the Genius.

"Don't you think with our pitching staff, you should bring up a better fielder, Genius?"

"Nah."

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”