2037.14...On A Higher Plane...Aviators reach halfway point at .500

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2037.14...On A Higher Plane...Aviators reach halfway point at .500

Post by felipe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:03 am

The Wichita Aviators have arrived at the half way point of the 2037 BBA season with a 44-42 record, a mere nine games behind the SunBelt Division frontrunners, the Phoenix Talon.

It has been a masterful two and a half year run by the Wichita GM, Genius Hopkins, in which the maverick star has taken a team with literally no players, to the cusp of a playoff berth in only their third season. Not only that, but the organization seems poised to embark on a long run of playoff success over the next few seasons.

"Sometimes," commented the Genius," I almost surprise myself. Almost..."

The Aviators boast a putrid pitching staff with absolutely nothing to commend about it, and a poor fielding lineup laced with Sally League batters.

"I tell the guys all the time...why swing? That takes effort! And then you'll have to run, if you hit it. Just relax, half the pitchers in this league can't hit the plate...just stand there. Work smart...not hard."

The Aviators have taken his advice to the point in being third in the JL in walks and in OBP.

"The biggest secret to our success?" grinned the Genius," Everyone else sucks too this year."

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2037.14...On A Higher Plane...Aviators reach halfway point at .500

Post by RonCo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 am

"Everyone else sucks too this year."
You go with what you got.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”