2037.10...On A Higher Plane Aviators trade stud catcher!

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

2037.10...On A Higher Plane Aviators trade stud catcher!

Post by felipe » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:52 am

In a shocking development on the eve of the 2037 Opening Day, the Wichita Aviators stun the BBA with the trade of promising twenty-nine year old career backup catcher, Marcus Forryan to favoured Genius trade partner, Brooklyn. Forryan is known to savvy BBA watchers for his 920 career at bats, and 3500 odd big league innings behind the plate.

Forryan impressed with a career high 1.3 WAR in 2036 over 84 games for Wichita, mostly do to the savvy deployment of the catcher by Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins.

The deal leaves the Aviators with a suspect catching duo of washed up thirty-eight year old BBA Legend, Paul Scholes, and the unproven twenty-three year old Anibel Garcia.

"Looks like I fucked Brooklyn over again, "grinned the Genius," Eventually those saps will wise up, but until then, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. Squeal like a pig for me Alan! Yeah, that's right. Who's your Daddy?"

Coming to Wichita in the deal is underwhelming twenty-four year old Togolese reliever, Kidanu Cherono. To the untrained eye, the reliever looks like a run of the mill, replacement level reliever, with no minor league options...dealt for a promising catcher, who has minor league roster eligibility...

"People that think like that are idiots," grinned the Genius," Players are like onions...you peel away the layers and chop them into little pieces and put them on everything you eat...mmmmm...delicious."

"People look at Cherondo and see a career 5.00 FIP...but relax and look at the data again...First, just throw away Cherondo's years that he mostly started...then throw away last season when his BABIP was just ridiculously bad...then add in the fact that he's only 24, and then add in the fact that when he was only 21 years old he had a 2.44 FIP over 48 big league innings..."

"Whaddaya mean I can't just cherry pick bits of data? The fuck I can't!"

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.10...On A Higher Plane Aviators trade stud catcher!

Post by recte44 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Cherono looks like a little more than replacement level to this old fart.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”