On a Higher Plane...2035.17 Don Logan paid ridiculous amount

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

On a Higher Plane...2035.17 Don Logan paid ridiculous amount

Post by felipe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 am

The Wichita Aviators Genius, GM Hopkins, announced the free agency signing of twenty-eight year old Canadian backstop, Don Logan, today to a one year $6 million dollar contract. Logan instantly gets awarded the Wichita record breaking free agent contract, far surpassing the one year deals on $2 million (Wellingotn) and $1.2 million (Pichon) and $500,000 (Amezega), previously handed out by the Sluggers prior to their inaugural BBA season.

Logan has a career BBA OBP of .376 to go with his career .800 OPS in almost 800 career games, paired with surprising speed for a backstop, while providing an indifferent if acceptable defense behind the plate.

"I kept trying to lowball Logan on a multi year deal," grinned the Genius," But he kept resisting. When I sensed that other teams might be trying to land him at the end of the free agency season, I said what the hell, and gave him the one year deal that he asked for, plus some extra cash."

"I've always liked Logan, and we desperately needed a guy that could get on base reliably."

The contract given to Logan has landed the Aviators in a 40 man roster crunch, where someone currently on the forty man roster is going to be claimed on waivers, unless the Genius can swing a last minute deal to carve out a spot.

"I never really had this problem in Louisville," sighed the Genius," I had clearly defined better players, so guys like I have here in
Wichita were always exposed...but now I got fifty guys about the same level of (in)competence, and to pick which ones I do or don't want is very challenging."

bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: On a Higher Plane...2035.17 Don Logan paid ridiculous am

Post by bcslouck » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:59 am

I was low balling him too. He's definitely a better hitter than what I'm trotting out on Opening Day, but defensively, our options are a lot better. Thanks for the pick though.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: On a Higher Plane...2035.17 Don Logan paid ridiculous am

Post by recte44 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm

I really low balled him

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”