On a Higher Plane...2035.16 Wellington inked!

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

On a Higher Plane...2035.16 Wellington inked!

Post by felipe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:25 am

The Wichita Aviators announced the signing of thirty-eight year old, second baseman, Andre Wellington, to a one year, $2 million dollar deal.

Wellington is a twelve year BBA veteran, a starter for eight. He started his BBA career, starting at second base for Tucson from 2023 to 2026, at second base in 2027 for California, at third base for California in 2028, and splitting time in between second and third for Des Moines in 2029. He has spent the past five seasons, backing up various positions and players in Des Moines, Halifax, Hawaii, and Louisville; and spent 2033 starting for Huntsville at third base. He is a plus defender at second base with a career .725 OPS with 240 career homeruns from 1425 career games. Wellington started his career in the old EBA for Brussels, where he played a standout second base for the Eagles for three seasons from 2020 to 2022.

"Andre is the perfect mentor for Kouda," grinned Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins," He'll get the youngster doing things the professional way. We taught Andre all about that, last season in Louisville. Before that, his career was kind of mired in mediocrity, (except for the California years of his career). But give Andre credit, we were able to reprogram him in no time. Now, he will be able to help us do the same with Kouda. And Kouda'll need a lot of re-programming for such a young kid. All of those Las Vegas playoff flops...what kind of team culture creates that?"

"Getting Wellington became necessary after I realized that my proposed starting second baseman had never played above Single A ball. It only seemed fair to bring in a stop gap veteran for a season. It doesn't hurt that Andre is a stand up guy, a real smart guy with a bulldog work ethic, that all the fans just love. It certainly seems a better alternative than throwing Grant Montoya out there every day."

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chicks dig the long ball."

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: On a Higher Plane...2035.16 Wellington inked!

Post by RonCo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:55 am

Wellington is in a competition with that Laverick guy to see how many BBA teams he can be part of.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”