On a Higher Plane...2035.14 Rule V acquisitions

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

On a Higher Plane...2035.14 Rule V acquisitions

Post by felipe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:39 am

The Wichita Aviators picked up two pitchers in the annual Rule V draft today, (well...briefly there were three). But only one of them will clog up the Aviators 40 man roster in 2035. How can that be? Answer - Genius.

Twenty-two year old fire-balling Israeli righty, Adel Bin Ibrahim, was plucked from the Louisville Sluggers AAA team, where Adel showed off five plus plus pitches, and disturbing wildness. Adel went 13-10 with 170 K's over 150 innings, but also walked 100 batters, cumulatively good for a 4.73 FIP.

"Adel is an interesting guy," smiled the Genius," He's done very well, considering his age, at the AAA level. I was never sure what to do with him as the Louisville GM, in fact, it is unlikely that he would ever have been given a chance on that team. But I've seen pitchers with his skillset do very well on other teams around the BBA. And anyone, that can throw that many quality pitches, that hard, would seem to be an asset to any team. I'm sure we will make good use of him at some point this season."

The Aviators second selection, was twenty-three year old, Aruban righty reliever, Miguel 'Flotsam' Lopez, from the Brooklyn Robins organization. Lopez appears to be major league ready, except for one small detail; his torn rotator cuff, which he suffered in October 2034.

"I don't know the rules well enough to tell you why or how an injured guy was available in the Rule V draft," grinned the Genius," Perhaps, he'll get taken away from us and given back to Brooklyn...or perhaps it's because there's no DL in the offseason, Brooklyn had to protect him? Beats me."

"Lopez is not a top prospect, but he would likely do an average job at the big league level if he was given the chance. I just thought it was cool to take someone in the Rule V I wouldn't have to actually put on the 40 man roster. It should get someone's knickers in a twist, at any rate."

The Aviators third selection was some Yellow Springs non-entity that we have no intention of mentioning for posterity. He was immediately returned to Ohio, after having been caught trying to spread athlete's foot around the Aviators training complex.

"We try to avoid Nine guys," grimaced the Genius," There was an administrative error some where along the line that resulted in us selecting a noodle armed right handed pitcher. I'm just thankful it was just athlete's foot...I've heard that most of those guys in Yellow Springs have syphilis, that they contracted from their Hollywood harlot that they all gang bang."

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”