On a Higher Plane 2035.07 Boone Carlyle named hitting coach

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

On a Higher Plane 2035.07 Boone Carlyle named hitting coach

Post by felipe » Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Wichita Genius, GM Hopkins, named recently retired forty year-old Boone Carlyle as the inaugural hitting coach for the expansion Wichita Aviators.

Carlyle had a great first part of his career, spending ten seasons with the mighty Louisville Sluggers before he was dealt in a salary purge to the mediocrity of Atlantic City in 2026. Boone spent the next seven and a half seasons trying to prop up the sorry franchise, before heading to Jacksonville for a final season in 2034. He will be remembered as one of the finest third basemen to ever play the game, and a near certain first ballot Hall of Famer.

Boone was wildly popular throughout the league, and renowned for his leadership, work ethic and loyalty, if not necessarily his intelligence. Its rumoured the years spent in Atlantic City had a lot to do with the dimming of that. At least his spirit wasn't crushed by taht depressing place.

"He'll make a great hitting coach," grinned the Genius ,"He just has to look the part...spit once in a while and pull on his jock...hell...that's what he's been doing the past three seasons anyways...I'm sure those teams weren't paying for his stats! Now, Boone may not be that bright, but he's a hitting savant! Just don't ask him to read anything...his lips moving can be very distracting...But...who ever said a ball player or coach should be bright anyways? Most of these guys aren't...look at Yellow Springs..."

"When the Genius called me and asked me to retire from playing and come work for him...I just couldn't refuse," smiled Boone," And to get to go to Kansas too! I don't think there's a more exciting place in the world! All that corn...just think about it!!!"

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Re: On a Higher Plane 2035.07 Boone Carlyle named hitting co

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Nice! Good ol' Boone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”