On a Higher Plane 2035.06 Walden named Pitching coach

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

felipe
Ex-GM

On a Higher Plane 2035.06 Walden named Pitching coach

Post by felipe » Sun May 27, 2018 11:41 am

Wichita named former BBA star pitcher, Bryan 'Missing Link' Walden, as their inaugural pitching coach today.

Walden is no stranger to even the most casual of baseball fans. The forty-three year old Massachusetts native enjoyed ten consecutive 200 strikeout seasons, two Nebraska awards, and five All-Star seasons, in ten and two partial seasons. He was elected into the BBA Hall of Fame in his first season of eligibility in 2027. The Southpaw was universally loved by all during and after his playing career.

Walden was known for his work ethic and intelligence during his career.

"I was a little surprised when the Genius called," smiled 'The Missing Link' ,"But the next bad idea that guy has, will be his first. I had never planned to coach...I was quite happy at home in Massachusetts, doing all the things that we rabid liberals like to do...but when the Genius suggested I come to Kansas and yell at some young arms for him...well...it just sounded like fun."

"I'm getting the gang back together," smiled the Genius," I'm gonna load em all up in a van and drive across the country together. It'll be great. Just like old times. Doc, ZB and the Missing Link; Boone and the Bastard. Its gonna be great. It will be just like Louisville...only better."

Fans in Wichita seem happy that all this greatness is coming to town.

It surely must be better than what Boise can expect to get from their new manager. Has there ever been any good Mounties?

What kind of mediocrity will infect Idaho? Probably the same sort that always infects Idaho...

Does mediocrity even come in different kinds? Brett would know...intimately

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: On a Higher Plane 2035.06 Walden named Pitching coach

Post by bschr682 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

zing
GM Vancouver Mounties

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”