The Morning Glory 2055.01 - Fresh 5 From Rule 5

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2055.01 - Fresh 5 From Rule 5

Post by GoldenOne » Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 am

The Rule 5 Draft can be a crazy time of the year. Do I see what I can get from Rule 5 or dive into Free Agency? Do I have enough space on my roster to bring in someone new? Do I have enough space on my roster to protect the guys I want that are already in my system? How much effort do I put into making a list for the draft? Do I actually want any of these guys if I do somehow manage to get them? Will Justin forget about Mendoza and leave him unprotected, and do I really want to screw with Justin enough to make it worthwhile selecting him?

All valid questions that needed to be considered this year.

Well, Free Agency has gone slow for the Oysters. We've had a lot of cap space to spend but some reluctance to overpay for players. So far, the only offseason acquisition the Oysters have made is OF Chris McFadden from Brooklyn for former Utility Infielder Jorge Lugo.

All that changed with the Rule 5 Draft however. The Oysters were able to grab 5 players in the Rule 5 Draft, while only losing 1 (Omaha selected OF David Pratt.) So, who did the Oysters get and what do we think of them?

-- RP Robin Cooper (From Omaha)
Considering that Cooper has already been returned to the Cyclones, the Oysters must not have thought much of him. That is untrue however. Cooper is the kind of guy the Oysters could have used last season in order to help shut down the powerful left-handed lineups of the Aztecs and Jimmies. There was just not enough room to keep him around on the active roster this season.

-- COF Kieran Rinn (From Omaha)
Rinn is a guy the Pysters originally signed as a FA out of the GBC prior to the 2053 season. In limited BBA action, Rinn struggled and spent most of his time in he organization in the minors. He was ultimately released at the end of the 2053 season. Despite a noticeable projected potential to do better against LHP, Rinn has struggled with LHP in the past. If he can get over that struggle this season, he may have found a spot on this roster.

-- DH Yo Miyamoto (From Edmonton)
Miyamoto is a DH. And much like Rinn, should shine against LHP. He doesnt quite shine enough, and cant play the field, so Yo is most likely headed back north of te border.

-- LF Zhong-yan Dou (From Calgary)
Dou is decent. Can play a little bit at 1B. A little bit in LF. He can kind of steal some bases, maybe. He's a switch hitter at least. Seems to hit lefties just as well as righties. He might be able to stick around as a 5th outfielder - we'll see.

-- RP Vonne Baloloy (From Charm City)
Word is, the Oysters would like to keep him around. Though he could use some velocity and seems to have a little of a rough time against LHBs, the movement on Baloloy's balls is plenty to make a sailor swoon and that should help keep him around.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: The Morning Glory 2055.01 - Fresh 5 From Rule 5

Post by BaseClogger » Mon May 22, 2023 10:26 am

GoldenOne wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 am
Kieran Rinn (From Omaha)
Star Wars ass name
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Mon May 22, 2023 1:25 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:26 am
GoldenOne wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 am
Kieran Rinn (From Omaha)
Star Wars ass name
As long as he can hit.....
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:32 pm

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (6.49 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Post by lordtoffee » Mon May 22, 2023 4:24 pm

Take good care of McFadden, and I think that this deal is a win for both of us. Your outfield should be in better shape, and I get the defense up the middle that I wanted.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”