Poblanotes 49.5- Pete Brace Writes Again

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 49.5- Pete Brace Writes Again

Post by chicoruiz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:23 pm

Dad,

Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, I'm back in the lineup. Ed Leialoha messed up his hamstring, so I got another chance to show what I can do out on the field.

The bad news is, what I can do isn't much. I just can't hit, Dad... I just can't. I've tried everything. I've looked at video until my eyes swam. I've hit in the cage until my hands looked like raw hamburger. Nothing helps. I start one swing too early and a breaking pitch makes me look like a spastic. Then I focus on keeping my weight back, and the next pitch is a fastball that gets by me before I can get my swing started. Could I have some undiagnosed illness; mono or something?

The other guys on the team try to be nice, but I know I'm not helping them win. I look at a guy like Hector Cano, and it all seems so smooth and natural to him, and I think, it used to be like that for me. Heck, I was a first-round draft pick. What happened to me that has made me unable to access the talent that I think is still in me somewhere?

I know the GM would like to find another option, but the trade deadline is coming up soon, and there aren't too many options out there as far as I can see. The latest is, that I might be put into a platoon situation with Ricardo Munoz. I mean, Rico's a nice guy, but he hit .223 in AAA this year. Is this my new level?

Sorry to put all this on you, Dad, but I just feel like I have to vent to someone. I feel like I'm letting you and Mom down; you had such big hopes for me. At least I've made some money; if all else fails I can come home, go back to school and get my teaching certificate, and coach somewhere. I still love baseball, even though it's not loving me back right now.

Your son,

Pete
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Poblanotes 49.5- Pete Brace Writes Again

Post by Dington » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:46 pm

Maybe give your hands a rest so you can hold a bat properly, Pete!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Poblanotes 49.5- Pete Brace Writes Again

Post by Fat Nige » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:18 pm

Here’s always a job waiting in McDonald’s lol ;)
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”