2058-002: Talons Mandatory Coach Article #2

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2058-002: Talons Mandatory Coach Article #2

Post by jiminyhopkins » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

The Talons love to bring back their old players and make them into coaches. From the lowest levels to the big leagues, names like Carlton Winson, Mark Wareham, and Aki Kondo are molding the Talons of the future. Even Toledo legend Chris Wright finally landed the hitting coach job with the Liberty.

So, with an opening for a pitching coach at Rookie League Traverse City, the Talons naturally turned to the list of retired players to see if there was a name they recognized. And, wouldn't you know it, old friend Emanuele Mercati showed up. He pitched for the Talons from 2053-2056 at the tail end of his career, but that doesn't make the club any less loyal to their former player. So, the phone call was made, and it didn't take too much convincing to get Mercati on board.

"Well, I did kinda need the job," Mercati said. "I had a good gig with the Talons, but then one day my stuff went from 9 to 6 and, well, they released me. Totally understandable, what with all the lumps happening lately to old pitchers like me. No hard feelings. Can't wait to become a coach. How hard could it be?"

Go talons!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Return to “Phoenix Talons”