2048-0002: Talons Write Obligatory Article Explaining That They Spent Some Points to Make a Retired Player Into a Coach

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2048-0002: Talons Write Obligatory Article Explaining That They Spent Some Points to Make a Retired Player Into a Coach

Post by jiminyhopkins » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:58 am

Phoenix, AZ--

Abdelwahab Kamade

The Daytona Beach Cruisers have a new hitting coach.

After having been with the franchise since 2027 in the EBA with the Munchen Brauers, Abdelwahab Kamade returned to Phoenix this past season to post his best season in a long time, with a 1.1 WAR campaign in 110 games. As he neared the end of his age 36 season, Kamade began contemplating a life after baseball. The Talons advised him that the lower minors might have some openings next season, and things pregressed from there.

So, in order to flesh out this Team News article, required to use the PP reward of inventing a new coach from a retired player, here is an obligatory quote from Kamade: "I'm excited to begin the next phase of my baseball career. The Talons have always made sure their minor leagues have plenty of talent. In fact, the Cruisers have won the Drake League Championship two of the last three seasons. So it's great to be part of a winning team."

"It's not like Phoenix ever wins anything, so I figured if I want a ring, I'll have to go to the minors and be a coach. And here I am!"
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Return to “Phoenix Talons”