2047-0013: Talons Media Dept Replies to 6 TN Articles in 15 Seconds. Also Talons Miss Playoffs on Last Day of Reg Season

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2047-0013: Talons Media Dept Replies to 6 TN Articles in 15 Seconds. Also Talons Miss Playoffs on Last Day of Reg Season

Post by jiminyhopkins » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

The Talons Electronic Media And Forum Posting Department made a statement today by replying to a franchise's entire season output of Team News articles in a few seconds. Director David Frum Explains:

"We here at the TEMAFPD appreciate the tenacity of our counterparts in Louisville, who today posted all 6 of their required Team Newses in like 20 minutes or something. I mean wow, thats really cool. Probably an achievement that the Talons will never match."

"But then we noticed that there was something wrong. Something that often happens to our own posts," Frum continued. "There were no comments! I can't tell you how frustrating it is to write these articles and have them ignored. It sucks and really lowers the motivation for doing more. So we decided to make it right by commenting on all of them. And then we decided to set a record by making those posts in something like 15 seconds."

In other news, the Talons missed the playoffs on the final weekend for the fourth straight season. In protest, the Talons front office decided to no longer vote for Talons in the award balloting. "It's a waste of good votes," a team source said. "If they keep missing the plyoffs, then we won't vote for them anymore. What a bunch of scrubs."

"I mean this team is an absolute heap of shit and deserves no award votes whatsoever."

Go Talons!
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2047-0013: Talons Media Dept Replies to 6 TN Articles in 15 Seconds. Also Talons Miss Playoffs on Last Day of Reg Se

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:21 pm

Quick, someone call the Guiness Book of World Records!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: 2047-0013: Talons Media Dept Replies to 6 TN Articles in 15 Seconds. Also Talons Miss Playoffs on Last Day of Reg Se

Post by Fat Nige » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:28 am

The trouble with rattling off six pretty thin TN’s in double quick time is that people don’t get time to comment on each one. Three solid paragraphs of content and a decent time between each one gives you time and content to comment on.

I feel the same as you though Sean, not many of my articles draw much comment either, but that’s probably because my style of mainly stats only is a bit marmite, you either love it or hate it lol. Keep on doing what you’re doing though, I might not always find something to comment on, but I do enjoy reading your pieces on the “rare” occasions they’re published. Keep up your good work
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Post by sjshaw » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:23 am

Just here for the forum post requirement
GM, Louisville Sluggers, end of 2038 - current

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”