2047-0005: Talons Announce New Stadium in Press Conference at Local Dennys Restaurant

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2047-0005: Talons Announce New Stadium in Press Conference at Local Dennys Restaurant

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed May 05, 2021 4:47 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

Local media today was puzzled as to why they were told to gather at the Phoenix area Denny's restaurant on North 7th street.

Turns out the Phoenix Talons of the BBA were planning a press conference. Even more shocking, the club was preparing to give out details of their new stadium, scheduled to begin play in a matter of months. In fact, it will be ready by BBA Opening Day 2047, mere months from now. How did they do it? Let's check out an excerpt from the press conference for more.

Talons Reclusive GM: Welcome to Denny's! Any questions about our awesome brand new stadium??

Media: What will it be called?

GM: Actually, we didn't change the name. The Talons will continue to play baseball at Paul D. Lunn Memorial Stadium, named after my ancestor who fought and died in World War 2.

Media: Where will it be located?

GM: Yeah, it'll be in the same place. No need to reprogram your GPS or change the destination of your flying Uber or whatever the cool kids use these days.

Media: How many seats? Field dimensions?

GM: As a matter of fact, I'm glad you asked that. The brand new Paul D. Lunn Memorial Stadium will still welcome 49,900 fans, and the good news is that means all tickets that are renewed from last season will be good at the new Stadium. Your seat won't change and you'll have the same view of all the action on the field. Speaking of the field, we decided to leave the dimentions the same so as to not disrupt the players or force them to make any adjustments. Yep, for the players, it'll be like the same field they've always known. So, good news there! I mean, its important for Ramao Saturnino to continue to play the exact same crappy, range-limited Center Field that he's always played, amirite??

Media: So wait a minute. It's at the same address, has the same number of seats, and the same field dimensions as the old stadium? What gives? What exactly will be different about this new place?

GM: Excellent question! Besides familiarity for the community and players, the number one advantage will be the improvement to the fan experience! Thanks to the amazing relationships we have with out sponsors, we have been able to make this new stadium absolutely state of the art when it comes to the advertiser-fan interface. In fact, there will be sponsors and advertisements as far as the eye can see. Fans will marvel at the new vistas and exciting, immersive entertainment that they are experiencing every night!

Media: So let me get this straight. It's the exact same stadium, with the exact same seats, with the exact same field dimensions? And the only difference is more advertising?? What the hell...?

GM: Thanks for all the questions, guys! This concludes the press conference. Look for amazing new test renders from our creative consultant, coming out soon to an internet browser near you! Now, order up some Grand Slam breakfasts and don't forget to generously tip your server, because we pay them poverty wages! Good night!

Go tall0ns!!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 2047-0005: Talons Announce New Stadium in Press Conference at Local Dennys Restaurant

Post by 7teen » Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 am

I can't wait for my flying Uber in 2047!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2047-0005: Talons Announce New Stadium in Press Conference at Local Dennys Restaurant

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu May 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Breakfast all day when on the road in Phoenix!

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Post by lordtoffee » Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Damn, I need to hold press conferences in Denny's.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”