Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2044-00032: Talons Season Review - Right Fielder Jesus Valenzuela

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

Jesus Valenzuela

Where did he come from?
Jesus Valenzuela was drafted by the Talons in the fifth round of the 2037 draft as the 165th overall pick. He was seen as a viable corner outfielder from the start, posting great minor league seasons in 2041 for Single A Toledo (4.4 WAR) and 2042 for Double A Medicine Hat (4.1 WAR). However, his ratings VsLHP have taken a decided plunge, and he is no longer seen as a full time player. In 2043, he made his debut and recorded 0.5 WAR in 46 games.

How did he do this season?
In 2044, Valenzuela was slated to be the platoon RF VsRHP, but a poor April caused his platoon mate Ramiro Hernandez to eventually gain the majority of AB's in RF for Phoenix this season. In all, Valenzuela played at about the same level that he had in 2043, with his 1.0 WAR stemming from more at bats, not better performance. As a below average outfielder, he will have to generate good power numbers and use his baserunning skills wisely if he is to gain any more playing time.

What's going to happen to him?
He's out of options, and not a full time player. He could be a 4th OF, but Phoenix already has Abdelwahab Kamade with better speed and defense to fill that role. There doesn't appear to be any viable role for him in Phoenix, so look for his name on an offseason trade block near you.

Grade: C-
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2044-00032: Talons Season Review - Right Fielder Jesus Valenzuela

Post by Ted » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Okay, so I don't know if other people do this, but sometimes when my mouth feels a little funky, I swish around some mouthwash and spit it out. Well, this one time I had forgotten that I eaten some jerky earlier (which was probably why my mouth tasted funky a bit later). apiece must have gotten stuck in this gap I have by one of my molars. So when I spit out the mouthwash, I spit out this chunk of fleshy material. For a second or so, this made me wonder what sort of space mouth aids I had contracted that was causing my gums to rot, until I remember the jerky.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”