2042-15: Talons Triggered Amid Reports That Rival GM Called Phoenix "Spoiled Relish" (Whatever That Means)

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2042-15: Talons Triggered Amid Reports That Rival GM Called Phoenix "Spoiled Relish" (Whatever That Means)

Post by jiminyhopkins » Sun May 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

Reports this morning out of the Talons Front Office seem to indicate consternation over the comments of a rival Johnson League GM. An unnamed franchise insider confirmed the reports minutes ago to the Phoenix Sun Times Post Dispatch (One of Phoenix's Greatest Newspapers).

"When I saw it, I had to tell someone," said the unnamed source. "I took a screenshot of the Facebook post about a Twitter rant regarding an Instagram story about a Reddit thread in which Mexico City called the Phoenix Talons 'Spoiled Relish'. Can you believe that crap?"

Spoiled Relish. The obviously egregious insult not withstanding, the term, which evokes the remains of a hot dog vendor's case left out in the sun for too long, seems apt given the state of the team. Even though many various trades were made in which many prospects were given up, the team is no better than before while paying out a lot more in salary.

Despite the incredulity of the situation, the reclusive Talons GM was reportedly convinced of the veracity of the claim. "All I know is, if it's on the internet, it must be true," he said. "When we play Mexico City next, whenever that will be, probably November, right? (LOL rain delays) -- When we play them next, there will be hell to pay!"

GO Talons!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Return to “Phoenix Talons”