2042-07: Talons Attempt to Create "Change My Mind" Meme Regarding Charlie IronKnife, But Can't Tilt the Text Quite Right

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2042-07: Talons Attempt to Create "Change My Mind" Meme Regarding Charlie IronKnife, But Can't Tilt the Text Quite Right

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:43 am

sdgfs.jpg
Phoenix, AZ--

The Talons can't meme.

That was the consensus at this evenings front office meeting. After all, the team figured it should have a meeting considering they are actually over .500 in June, a feat no one thought possible. And a feat that will seriously impact their quest to get a top ten pick next year.

But why, you may or may not ask, was this poorly constructed image of a meme from 24 years ago the subject of a Talons front office meeting? Well, since you asked (or didn't), Talons knuckleballer Charlie Iron-Knife is having a bit of a moment. He was the subject of a wonderful trade article, and has been inquired about by multiple teams. The Talons, famously pitching starved, are reluctant to deal him, considering he is excelling in the club's new "Reliever/Opener" pitching scheme.

Iron-Knife was a top ten pick in the first round of the 2031 draft. Traded by Havana to Hawaii, he spent the next few years in the minors, honing his dancing butterfly pitch. Reaching AAA in 2036, Charlie recorded a 4.5 WAR season, and was well on the way to replicating that in 2037 when he tore his labrum. Naturally, that's when Phoenix came calling. Even though the injury devastated his control ability, the Talons still traded young starting pitcher Sancho Torres for him, then the #66 prospect in the BBA.

Iron-Knife was called up to the bigs in 2038, and proceeded to record 7 WARs over his first two big league seasons. Seasons 3 and 4 of his big league career weren't quite as kind, those two campaigns adding up to barely 5 WAR. Now, in the Talons new pitching scheme, he is doing well, recording a 3.08 ERA thus far with 59 Ks in 49 innings. So, clearly, the Talons would be reluctant to trade him, mainly because they don't have enough starters for a traditional rotation. That hasn't stopped teams from trying, however.

But who knows, if the right offer came along, anything can happen.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 2042-07: Talons Attempt to Create "Change My Mind" Meme Regarding Charlie IronKnife, But Can't Tilt the Text Quite R

Post by jleddy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:21 am

So good.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”