2039-13: Talons Done, Don't Care; Will Likely be Knocked Out of Playoffs Within a Week, Still Don't Care

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2039-13: Talons Done, Don't Care; Will Likely be Knocked Out of Playoffs Within a Week, Still Don't Care

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:00 am

Phoenix, AZ--

The world is ending, its all crashing down, we're doomed and there's nothing we can do about it.

That's the mood around the front office these days in Phoenix. Despite still having the league's best run differential, the Talons no longer have the best record and are within a game of falling out of first place in the division. What's more, since the Wild Card race is so tight in the JL, the Talons could be less than a week from being knocked out of the playoffs completely.

"Oh well, I guess that's that," a dejected GM told the media this morning. "I mean, its not like we can make any trades. Our whole farm system is full of DH's, and no one wants them. Plus we are less than a million from the cap, so we can't take on any salary. We got one of our starting pitchers back from injury, so that's good, but it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things."

When asked which starting pitcher he was referring to, the GM replied: "I'm not sure, I haven't been paying much attention lately."

"It's all over. It was a good run I guess. Oh well."
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Return to “Phoenix Talons”