2039-07: Talons Announce Boycott of Ron Collins' GM's Corner Podcast

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2039-07: Talons Announce Boycott of Ron Collins' GM's Corner Podcast

Post by jiminyhopkins » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

In their second announcement of the day related to current or former BBA General Managers, The Talons have announced an official franchise boycott of Ron Collins' "GM's Corner" podcast.

When asked to explain, at first the Talons front office gave us a little pushback. They appeared to be on the defensive, asking if we were in fact putting together a podcast of our own, and using this inquiry as a ruse to gain access to Phoenix's general manager. Eventually we were let in after a fair bit of negotiating and waiting; by simply following the Uber Eats guy through the door after he was buzzed through.

Having assured the Talons that we were simply trying to make another Team News and get the club two more valuable points, they relented. We asked GM Sean Marko why he has boycotted Mr. Collins' podcast, and got this response.

"So this whole 'podcast' thing is kind of weird, first of all. (Editor's note: He used air quotes for the word podcast) I mean, does anyone even have an Ipod anymore? That's what they were named after, right? Ipods? It's kind of like the word 'blog', isn't it? Did you know that the word 'blog' was originally supposed to be an abbreviation for the term 'web log'? Anyway, as for the podcast, I am far to busy to spend '45 minutes to an hour' (more air quotes -Ed.) talking to a rival GM about my plans for the Talons."

"I mean, I've made trades with the guy and all, but actually talking? Like in a real conversation? That's going too far, man. Too personal. I don't know if I'd be able to sustain a conversation for even a tenth of that time, you know? I mean, you actually have to talk to somebody. And then they talk back to you. And then they ask you questions. And then, like, you have to answer. Ugh. Is this actually how human beings communicate? If so, I want no part of it."

He thought for a moment. "Yeah, no thanks. I don't like talking to people. Really. It's just too weird. Actually socially interacting with other people. So yeah, not talking to anyone. Sorry. This includes you. Goodbye," he concluded.

And with that, we were led out of the office.
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 2039-07: Talons Announce Boycott of Ron Collins' GM's Corner Podcast

Post by jleddy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:20 pm

I mean, Ron does preface in every intro the purpose is to "try to steal [GM's] very best secrets...so [Ron] can win better," so it raises the old question "If a podcast is recorded when a GM doesn't have winning secrets, does it make a sound?"

;)
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm

GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:46 am

This one has me thinking.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”