2038-22: Talons Make Post in New Forum, Immediately Get Attacked by Irate Users

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2038-22: Talons Make Post in New Forum, Immediately Get Attacked by Irate Users

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

The Talons Social Media and Electronic Messaging Department got a rude awakening today when trying to post on a new BBA discussion board.

Per directive from the front office, the department was tasked with posting on various forums and boards to assist in the franchise's search for a first baseman (The Talons have needed one ever since they traded injured 1B Mario Deortez for catcher Cisco Arreola). Upon posting an innocuous message asking if anyone had a 1B, the Talons were immediately attacked and trolled, with various users accusing the club of hacking and spamming. One team was brave enough to send a DM and offer a 1B, but the other users were still irate, demanding that the Talons do a better job of identifying themselves in their posts.
pnx.jpg
The Talons wasted no time in launching an investigation. Apparently, when the intern signed up for that forum, he was presented with a text box. Thinking it was one of those chat bots that offer to help you on various websites, he asked a question: "what does this mean". Unfortunately, that phrase was set as his username, contributing to the confusion of the league, and he didn't know how to change it.

In addition, his avatar was set as a Nissan logo, causing the message board users to believe they were being spammed with advertising. When asked to explain that one, the intern said, "I just really like the fine vehicles produced and sold by Nissan Motor Corp Ltd." When asked to elaborate, he replied, "I test drove one the last time I was in Vegas. Dealer was real nice. Seemed to be a fan of the Milwaukee Brewers for some reason, but despite that, I decided to buy a brand new Nissan Versa Note SV right then and there. It's awesome!"

Stay tuned for further developments!
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2038-22: Talons Make Post in New Forum, Immediately Get Attacked by Irate Users

Post by Ted » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Thank goodness. The Fanclub needed this.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

handaspencer
GBC GM

Re: 2038-22: Talons Make Post in New Forum, Immediately Get Attacked by Irate Users

Post by handaspencer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:26 pm

I needed this laugh, this was great!!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 pm

Interns are the best.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”