2038-20: Talons Can Only be Bothered to Check the Forum When They Get the Sim Complete Email

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2038-20: Talons Can Only be Bothered to Check the Forum When They Get the Sim Complete Email

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Phoenix, AZ --

The Talons don't care anymore. One of the best teams in the BBA has, in effect, "checked out".

Oh sure, just a couple sims ago they had the best record in the BBA. That was fun, for sure. Phoenix was even reportedly following along during the "live sims", even though they had to open up Internet Explorer to see them, because the live sim page wouldn't update when viewed on the version of Firefox they were using. Those were exciting times, especially when they swept Rockville a couple weeks back.

But now, the club can't even be bothered to check to forum, much less sign in and post things. The club allegedly is hesitant to open the sim recap emails that BBA commish Matt Rectenwald so generously provides, for fear of being crestfallen once again. Hell, even the much vaunted Team Newses have been few and far between, despite the fact that the club got a 10 PPT bonus for the articles' purported quality and entertainment value.

What happened? Well, the 0-7 sim least week really took the wind out of their sails. Plus the injuries to Thad Meyer and Voitto Stromberg have been demoralizing. Even the clubhouse morale indicator has fallen from "ecstatic" to merely "happy". Combine all of this with the fact that they haven't been able to sign anyone to an extension, and haven't come close to making a trade since the season began, and you have a recipe for a piping hot casserole of 'meh'. Want some?
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2038-20: Talons Can Only be Bothered to Check the Forum When They Get the Sim Complete Email

Post by Ted » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:14 pm

I can't dredge up the effort to come up with a reply to this team news.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

handaspencer
GBC GM

Re: 2038-20: Talons Can Only be Bothered to Check the Forum When They Get the Sim Complete Email

Post by handaspencer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Phoenix, AZ --

The Talons don't care anymore. One of the best teams in the BBA has, in effect, "checked out".

Oh sure, just a couple sims ago they had the best record in the BBA. That was fun, for sure. Phoenix was even reportedly following along during the "live sims", even though they had to open up Internet Explorer to see them, because the live sim page wouldn't update when viewed on the version of Firefox they were using. Those were exciting times, especially when they swept Rockville a couple weeks back.

But now, the club can't even be bothered to check to forum, much less sign in and post things. The club allegedly is hesitant to open the sim recap emails that BBA commish Matt Rectenwald so generously provides, for fear of being crestfallen once again. Hell, even the much vaunted Team Newses have been few and far between, despite the fact that the club got a 10 PPT bonus for the articles' purported quality and entertainment value.

What happened? Well, the 0-7 sim least week really took the wind out of their sails. Plus the injuries to Thad Meyer and Voitto Stromberg have been demoralizing. Even the clubhouse morale indicator has fallen from "ecstatic" to merely "happy". Combine all of this with the fact that they haven't been able to sign anyone to an extension, and haven't come close to making a trade since the season began, and you have a recipe for a piping hot casserole of 'meh'. Want some?
I apologize for sweeping you and contributing to these feelings you developed. I will have the janitor throw the broom away in my office that I earned out of respect and sportsmanship towards Phoenix.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I’m used to 0-6’s, 1-5’s and all sort of ignominies, I’ve long since become impervious to the pain. I see a 3-3 and I almost run round the room screaming my head off, fist pumping all week

How the bottom feeders live
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 am

this sums up what I feel like lately

work...sleep...work...sim...sleep....work...sleep....sim....work.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”