2038-17: Scandal Erupts in Phoenix!

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2038-17: Scandal Erupts in Phoenix!

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Daytona Beach, FL--

Spring camp was buzzing today as new developments involving the Talons have everyone talking. No, we're not talking about Voitto Stromberg being injured again, even though that sucks. Yes, yes, he got hurt running the bases again this spring, just like he got hurt running the bases last year. That's not the point. That's not what this brutal expose of the Talons' inner workings is all about.

No, this is bigger than that. And who was it uncovered by? Why, the intrepid investigative reporters at the Phoenix Sun Times Post Dispatch ("One of Phoenix's Best Newpapers") of course! Reporter Rob Powers summed it up: "This is big! Prepare to have your minds blown by what will be revealed when you open up to the Sports section, page C-11. You have to flip back a few pages, right next to the ads for all the massage parlors, but it's right there, in black and white! Read it and weep, Talons big wigs! Pulitzer here I come!!" Powers exclaimed.

And there, on page C-11, next to the ad for the prestigious Chang Mi Health Spa ("All New Girls!"), is the bombshell.

The Talons forgot to do a Third Base Preview.

"Holy Crap, I couldn't believe it when we found out!" Powers said. "The Talons love to do their little season preview series. They say it gets them more points to preview their own team than it would to do an 'official' preview of someone else's. Well, IN YOUR FACE, Phoenix! You forgot to do Third Base! Ha Ha!" Powers continued.

"What a joke! I can't believe they were that stupid! What an embarrassment to baseball, the BBA, and the proud Phoenix community! It's a good thing we have a crack investigative unit down here at the Sun Times Post Dispatch to keep tabs on these guys and speak truth to power! So BOO YAH!" Powers concluded, rather proud of himself.

Stay Tuned for further developments!
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2038-17: Scandal Erupts in Phoenix!

Post by Ted » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 pm

For Shame, Team News Fan Club! How could we let our beloved Phoenix Talons News down! We should have noticed! I mean, I can't be expected to notice. I have to respond to all these team newses. Hmm. Someone needs to pay attention to these things. Maybe the Team News Fan Club secretary ...

Still, here at the Team News Fan Club Headquarters, we are very disappointed in ourselves.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”