2037-24: Talons Update News Preview Team Recap Article

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2037-24: Talons Update News Preview Team Recap Article

Post by jiminyhopkins » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Phoenix, AZ

Unfortunately, those three losses this week were against Brooklyn, and now the Talons' playoff chances are hanging by a thread.

Since the calendar has flipped to June, however, the muscular right handed hitter has comparatively struggled, with only 9 home runs, 19 RBI, and a .750 OPS in nearly 200 at bats since June 1st. He was dropped as low as 8th in the order and even benched for three days to clear his head. As the summer wore on, it seemed like the rut would never end. At this point, the team was lilkely waiting for him to get hurt again so they could shuffle him off the roster. "It's been the longest month of my life," said the phenom. "I'm glad the guys have kept the club in first place without me, but I'm tired of playing cheeleader. It's time for me to get back out there and help this team win some games," he said.

The Talons, though not getting anything tangible in this deal, now have the flexibility to make deadline deals of their own and improve the team for an October run. Although rumor is there could be a BIG deal looming in the near future to address the fact that Phoenix just lost their ace for the season, nothing concrete has appeared as of yet. Why did the Talons do this deal? Is it a cheap attempt to bump up the mysterious "Fan Interest" rating that governs annual revenue?

With nine seasons and over 200 starts under his belt, it was seen as a frugal move to upgrade the back end of the rotation. In his first start with the club, he gave up 5 runs to Las Vegas in 7 innings, but came away with the win. He had been decent last season, to the tune of a 4.20 FIP and 1.1 Wars in 10 starts. Until then, the solution will have to be from in house. So, while the club hopes that fans see where the team came from, most appear to be realizing how far the team has fallen.

Go Talons!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2037-24: Talons Update News Preview Team Recap Article

Post by Ted » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:26 pm

I like pie.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”