2035-02 [Insert Cute Blog Title Here]: This Mixtape is Fire

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2035-02 [Insert Cute Blog Title Here]: This Mixtape is Fire

Post by jiminyhopkins » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:50 am

Phoenix, AZ--

Not much has happened in the offseason so far for the Talons. But there was one deal that is sure to pay off in the next few years.

Young SP Bob Corrigan has elected to forego his next three seasons of arbitration eligibility as he agreed to a 3 year, $4 million contract extension for the 2036-2038 seasons. It is seen as a very team friendly deal for a 21 year old pitcher who just recorded his first 3 war campaign last year. Compiling 23 quality starts out of 33 turns on the hill, 'Mixtape' led all Talons starters with a 3.66 ERA in 214 innings in 2034. Never a money hungry guy, Corrigan has stated that he wants nothing to do with the arbitration process and just wants to pitch.

"Here with the Talons I've found a home, with a young team and a powerful offense backing me up. I don't care about the money, man. If they can save money on me and get some more players with the savings, then that's totally cool. I don't have to worry about arbitration hearings or pitching year-to-year," Corrigan said. "If there's money to be made in my career, then it will be there when the time comes, that's all I'm saying. After this deal, I'll be 25 and hopefully in my prime. Then we can start talking about money, you know? As for now I can put it out of my mind."

We are still waiting for confirmation of reports that the Players Union has met with Corrigan about his below market deal and his bypass of the arbitration process. Stay Tuned.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Return to “Phoenix Talons”