2059-003: Talons Host Vetrans Appreciation Showcase at Denny's Paul D. Lunn Memorial Stadium Presented by Subaru

GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

2059-003: Talons Host Vetrans Appreciation Showcase at Denny's Paul D. Lunn Memorial Stadium Presented by Subaru

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 pm

Phoenix, AZ--

Even though the 2059 season is still months away, the Talons are still seeking to engage with fans and celebrate their 3rd Johnson League Wild Card berth of the decade.

To that end, the Talons recently held a Veterans' Appreciation event at their home stadium, inviting fans, military members, veterans, and local celebrities to honor our nation's armed forces. There were displays of military vehicles on the field, music concerts, keynote speakers, and a Kids Zone. Talons players like pitcher Nick Rivers, infielder Ian Patrick Anderson, closer Josh Dougherty, and even Your Mom attended; each made speeches about the veterans in their own families and how the armed forces have impacted their own lives. The Talons even made donations totalling $1,000,000 to organizations like the Wounded Warrior Project, the American Legion, the Disabled American Veterans, and AMVETS.

The Talons Reclusive GM even flew in from Tokyo to make an appearance. In the midst of all the events and fanfare, the GM seemed to be fixated on a particular aspect of the celebration. "I just love all those old military machines!" he said, smiling and exuberant. "There's just something about mobile artillery. I just can't quite explain it, but I get all excited when I think about tanks. In fact, if I were ever in the military, I'd probably be a Tanker."

"You know, a tank driver? Isn't that what they call them? Tankers?"

Go Talons!

talon.png
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2059-003: Talons Host Vetrans Appreciation Showcase at Denny's Paul D. Lunn Memorial Stadium Presented by Subaru

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:57 pm

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg (7.36 KiB) Viewed 55 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Phoenix Talons”