2056.1 New Look Offense Taking Shape

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

ae37jr
BBA GM

2056.1 New Look Offense Taking Shape

Post by ae37jr » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:53 pm

New Look Offense Taking Shape Image What's old is new again

The Twin Cities River Monsters have undergone significant changes and strategic moves to rebuild their offense following a disappointing performance during the Brewster Memorial Series. The loss of key players David Simpson and Roberto Rivera to free agency prompted the team to take action.

The first major move in their rebuilding process was acquiring Alfonso 'Snapper' Trinidad from the Las Vegas Hustlers. Trinidad's acquisition is seen as a cost-effective move, as the River Monsters believe that his potential value outweighs his $13 million contract for the first year with a player option for the second year. Despite his recent decline in power and a challenging season, Trinidad is still considered a star player. The River Monsters are taking a calculated risk by banking on his potential resurgence.

Trinidad's versatility will be an asset to the team's fluid lineup strategy. While he is expected to primarily serve as the designated hitter (DH), his ability to play at both first base (1B) and third base (3B) will be utilized strategically against specific matchups. This flexible approach allows the team to optimize its offensive and defensive capabilities based on the opposing team's strengths and weaknesses.

In addition to Trinidad, the River Monsters have brought back franchise legend Francisco Arredondo on a one-year deal with team options. Arredondo, who was a consistent performer at second base (2B) in the 2040s, is expected to take on a more versatile role this time around. He may start at either 2B or first base (1B) as needed and can also serve as a valuable right-handed bat off the bench. The team is confident in Arredondo's abilities despite his recent struggles, banking on his potential to bounce back and contribute significantly.

The River Monsters' rebuilding efforts are far from over. The team still has a gap to address at the catcher position and is expected to pursue additional star players in the upcoming offseason. This demonstrates their commitment to assembling a competitive roster that can contend for the championship once again.

**I wrote this article and ran it through chatGPT because I am terrible writer. I kinda like how it turned out. I think it will help me write faster and in turn more because I don't have to reread the whole article after I write each sentence like I always do to make sure it makes sense.**
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2056.1 New Look Offense Taking Shape

Post by Dington » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:06 pm

Curious what your prompt looked like.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:32 pm

I just wrote an article like I normally would. I felt like I was rambling and boring. So I put it in and it cleaned it up nicely. This is it.....
After scoring just 9 runs during the Brewster Memorial Series, losing future hall of famer David Simpson and solid contributor Roberto Rivera to free agency, The Twin Cities River Monsters rolled up their sleeves and began formulating a plan to rebuild an offense good enough to get back to the promised land.

The first major domino has fallen as the River Monsters shipped a pair of fringe prospects to the Las Vegas Hustlers in a deal for Alfonso 'Snapper' Trinidad. The move is widely viewed as a salary dump for the retooling Hustlers.

Trinidad's contract runs for one gauranteed year at $13 million with a player option for year two. While that money combined with an unexpected drop in power doesn't make sense in the "cost per war" formula for success, the River Monsters feel this will end up being a better value than giving a comparable player...say Lineu Aldo, $20 million a year deal that lasts till he is 41.

While most still consider Trinidad a star. This is still a buy low situation. The 35 year old is coming off one of the worst years in his up and down career. With his homerun total dropping by 20. The move is certainly a gamble.

As for where Trinidad will play. The River Monsters traditionally use a fluid system of filling out lineup cards. On paper, Trinidad will be the DH. But his ability to play a little 1B and 3B will be used as asset in certain situations. For example, if Twin Cities plays a weak starting pitcher, they could use Trinidad at 3B and Felix Ramos at 2B to run up the score, before shifting back to a defensive team later in the game.

In other news, Twin Cities brought back franchise legend Francisco Arredondo on a one year deal with a pair of team options. Arredondo was a fixture at 2B with the River Monsters through most of the 2040's. This time around, Francisco will be asked to fill a lesser role. Sometimes starting at 2B, sometimes starting at first, while other times being a righty bat off the bench. Arredondo was left unsigned all of last season after enduring a terrible 2054. But the year before that he was a 2.7 WAR player as recently as 2053. Yes, another buy low candidate. The River Monsters feel confident that his 7/8/8/5/8 ratings are still true. And while he may not be the defender of his younger years, he can still make all the plays he can get to.

The River Monsters are not expected to stop here. They still have a hole at the catchers position and are expected to persuit at least one more star player this winter.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:20 am

AI is changing everything mostly for the better.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:29 pm

Who's this Albert character everyone is chatting about?! ;)
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:29 pm

Love that Arredondo is back with the club.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”