2054.1 Guzman Opts Out

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

ae37jr
BBA GM

2054.1 Guzman Opts Out

Post by ae37jr » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:54 pm

Guzman Opts Out Image Thanks for the memories, records and hopefully a draft pick.

Ok, must write more this year... must write more this year. Here we go. With the 2053 season officially over, filed in the paper shredded and never to be spoken of again, it's time to turn our attention to 2054. If you are actually reading this team news, you must be a die hard fan cause as the token white rapper Bubba Sparxx once said, "It's bout to get ugly in here".

Guzman Opts Out
This was widely expected and actually somewhat planned out. Many GM's will say that player options are just plain stupid. Twin Cities carved out a distinct two year window before the start of the 2052 season. While Guzman was actually a trade, they knew what they signed up for. The belief was that he was going to give them, two solid seasons, opt out, and Twin Cities would net a draft pick during a time when they planned on rebuilding anyway. And that is exactly what happened.

To extrapolate things further. If you want to play six degrees of a transaction, the River Monsters traded a waiver claim(Eddie Armstrong) for Barney Miller, who was then flipped for Guzman. Guzman put up the two highest total base seasons in franchise history(and two of the top 3 RBI seasons for all you traditional stat haters), lead the team to the Cartwright Cup, and now will give us a sandwich pick in what looks to be the deepest draft in BBA history.........

Umm, ok. You caught me. I lied. Next years draft is going to blow Nashville Goats and suck Rocky Mountain Oysters. But at least we can hang our hopes on our sammy pick bumping like crazy........

What? GM's are revolting, trying to get draft pick compensation taken away? Let me guess, it's the same teams that make the playoffs every year and under new rules, they had their picks taken away. So if I can't have one, nobody can. But I digress.

The loss of Guzman will certainly loom large. He is one of the best pure hitters in the league. But, I mean, If you're not going to play for the Brewster, there is absolutely no reason to be paying you're a 33 year old DH top dollar. On the plus side, opening up the DH spot will cause a domino effect that will certainly improve one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Sertac Safavi will become the teams new everyday DH with Felix Ramos likely moving back to 1B. At least that is the working plan.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2054.1 Guzman Opts Out

Post by BaseClogger » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:26 pm

Ha, loved the bit about comp
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:58 pm

ae37jr wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:54 pm
Ok, must write more this year... must write more this year. Here we go.
Yes, please.
Next years draft is going to blow Nashville Goats and suck Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Yes, I am the Nashville GOAT.
What? GM's are revolting, trying to get draft pick compensation taken away? Let me guess, it's the same teams that make the playoffs every year and under new rules, they had their picks taken away. So if I can't have one, nobody can. But I digress.
No changes would be immediate.
On the plus side, opening up the DH spot will cause a domino effect that will certainly improve one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Sertac Safavi will become the teams new everyday DH with Felix Ramos likely moving back to 1B. At least that is the working plan.
Aww. I’m gonna miss that defense, like many balls did last season.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Aaaahh... Dont complain bro, you'll just be ridiculed and then have to go dark the entire next season.

Just keep calm and carry on and know that God The Gov Board is in control.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:41 am

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:45 pm
Aaaahh... Dont complain bro, you'll just be ridiculed and then have to go dark the entire next season.

I don't really care either way. I just like stirring the pot
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:13 am

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Whoop! There he is!
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:01 pm

Is this a dig article against Mac and Eminem? Love reading the articles, keep 'em coming!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”