TWC 45.15 - GM Piccoli spends his first week back as GM in the Tropics - Part 1

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

TWC 45.15 - GM Piccoli spends his first week back as GM in the Tropics - Part 1

Post by Spiccoli » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm

"Well, the future is now... There's time to sort out the Financial Mess later" He Said... "Let's see what we've got."

In the Final week, Twin Cities was 1 1/2 games behind Hawaii for the Final Wild Spot. However, it wasn't as bad it seems, because the River Monsters actually held their own destiny in their hands.

How? Well, due to Rain Out games, Twin Cities had 6 games left and Hawaii had 3 game left. Therefore, if the River Monsters won out, they were at least guaranteed a tie with the Tropics and a 1 game play off.

Scott called Manager Lou Zimmer into the office on Sunday after a 11-0 blow out win, two days prior to the upcoming double header with Louisville.

Scott - "Ok Lou... I have three directives for you this week"
Lou - "Ok..Why? Where you going?"
Scott "Sorry Lou... I have a previous engagement with a Sugar Baby in Cabo for the week. We're flying out in the morning and I won't be back until Saturday's game against Portland. My phone will be off and the team is yours for the week."
Lou "WTF... Ok. What do you got?"
Scott "Ok Lou, this is what I'd like you do...

1 - We have 6 games in 5 days... That means our normal 5 will go, but we'll be short for game 6. I'm going to leave the #6 Spot open and you're going decide which pitcher is best to start that final game of the season. If Hao Kun is recovered enough from Game 1 of the Louisville Doubleheader... Throw in him. You have two other options from the Bullpen. Julian Duran or Juan Valdez. I'll it up to you to decide. I can't right now.
2 - Don't mess with the Lineups... I don't give a fuck about rest for these guys. The backups suck... We need them all to play everygame. And don't let Davenport cry his way out, CA Tony Montes couldn't hit a 80 MPH fastball in Single A
3 - Finally.. THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT... After the 6th inning, if the game is even in a hint in doubt, do not put in any reliever except Juan Cerda or Shawn Huber in the game. You're going to ride or die with these two guys... blame it on me if their arms fall off. I don't want to see any other pitcher in late in any close game.

Got it?"

Lou - "Yes sir... That's it?"
Scott - "Yes, that's it. Ok Lou.. 6 Games, 6 Wins... It's in your hands. I'm off for the some brainless sand therapy with a girl who's unable to hold a decent conversation. See you on Saturday."
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: TWC 45.15 - GM Piccoli spends his first week back as GM in the Tropics - Part 1

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:00 pm

When I was looking at the box scores I was saying to myself, "Fucking Huber."

Great job @Spiccoli!
ImageImageImageImageImage

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: TWC 45.15 - GM Piccoli spends his first week back as GM in the Tropics - Part 1

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Welcome back, Scott. Brilliantly done ...

The week in Cabo, I mean!

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:31 pm

What a week!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:36 pm

....the plan worked....

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Post by Joshua Biddle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Welcome back

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”