GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

41.11 TWC - Rookie Arrendondo's Hot streak continues - Pulls 2 League Awards

Post by Spiccoli » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:58 am

2B Francisco Arrendondo
2041 Stats - .286 BA / .875 OPS / 30 2B / 4 3B / 21 HR / 72 RBI / 2.6 WAR

To say there hasn't been much to be excited about in the Twin Cities is an understatement... While the team rallied with a winning record in May, it's been pretty much misery since.

The shallow starting pitching staff has been broken with major injuries to three starters, including two promising rookies... Lian Thorpe and Lucio Mendosa, both lost for a year plus.

However, the young talent on the offense has showed exciting promise to the future. Jose Cordero took the rookie of the month earlier this season...

And now rookie, Francisco Arrendondo, took Rookie of the Month for July and Player of the Week... in the same week.

It's been fun month for Arrendondo, who was also selected to attend the All-Star Game and went 2 for 3 with a double... While being put in the 1B role for some reason by the Frick League Manager.

But who's asking questions? Not Francisco, he was ecstatic just to start the game.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: 41.11 TWC - Rookie Arrendondo's Hot streak continues - Pulls 2 League Awards

Post by Spiccoli » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am

And seriously... wtf with the long term pitching injuries.. I have 10 guys on the DL between the BBA and Minors. Eight of them are pitchers with long term season ending injuries. I think there's a total of 6-7 years lost between all of them.

Does the game have an issue with short term injuries to pitchers?... lol. Really, it's ok to have a pitcher out for a month or so sometimes. No need to have their arms completely fall apart when they get hurt. I even have my minors set to a 80-85 pitch limit to prevent this...

Sorry.. just venting. Haha.. relax, it's just a game...
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”