41.01 TWC - The House Cleaning Continues

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

41.01 TWC - The House Cleaning Continues

Post by Spiccoli » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:13 am

The Salary House Cleaning at the Twin Cities Front office is about complete during the current off season. With Ray Cooper deciding to not Opt Out next season, he's the last player left from the mid-2030's River Monster Play Off run...

Xue-Qin Man's remaining years on his contract was declined by Team Option. The Front Office was hoping to try to resign him at a lower cost, due to his versatile defensive ability and Man's slight resurgence at the plate. However, Man's agent returned with a laughable demand of 3 Years - $14.5 Mil per yer. Basically saying he'll try Free Agency without actually saying it out loud.

As previously reported, Twin Cities was unable to come to terms on an extension with C Sang-duk Sim. His last demand before breaking off talks as around $16 Million per year for 4-6 years. It seems like he'll be able to command that or more on the Free Agent market.

Other key free agents that the team is letting walk.... Cisco Guerrero, Ricardo Juarez and Chris Limon. The team did try to negotiate with Ricardo Juarez, but his agent wouldn't budge from his $8 Million per year demand. The future was bright early in his career and he seemed to come into his in 2038... However, Ricardo has severely regressed since and his production dropped to the point that the teams is not interested in keeping him at his current salary demand.

On the arbitration front, the Front Office has elected to let the following players walk away.

RP Yann Lagrand (Projected Salary - $3 Million)
Rp Cisco Salinas (Projected Salary - $1,5 Million)
2B Alberto Benitez (Projected Salary - $1.5 Million)

It's safe to say, that the roster is almost a clean slate, ready to start bringing up the young talent that the Team acquired a couple seasons ago when the rebuild officially began. The team is urging fans to keep expectations realistic as it may take a few seasons for these exciting prospects to develop into productive BBA players.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 41.01 TWC - The House Cleaning Continues

Post by 7teen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:55 am

I don’t know. I think some of those guys may go for less on the open market than they were asking for. It’ll be interesting to see.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: 41.01 TWC - The House Cleaning Continues

Post by Spiccoli » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:46 am

7teen wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:55 am
I don’t know. I think some of those guys may go for less on the open market than they were asking for. It’ll be interesting to see.
Yup... I may resign Man for about 1/10 of his previous asking price.

I’ve learned the hard way that the game doesn’t seem to like you keeping players long term... their demands can get ridiculous even as their ratings are tanking.

Would have liked to extend Juarez, but his demands were inline with his production 3 years ago.

It’s been a tough lesson that the team is just now recovering from.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”