GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

2039.04 TWC Another Baserunning Scare For Wareham

Post by Spiccoli » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 am

SS Mark Wareham
.273 BA / .919 OPS / 12 Runs Scored in 12 Games

River Monster fans watching at home held their breath after Mark Wareham, Leading off against Rockville, legged out an infield Single against Arthur Dempster and pulled up obviously in pain.

"I couldn't believe it," said life long fan, 10 year old Jimmy Lipper. "They've been playing so awesome and I wanted to cry when he left the game."

After Mark Wareham was lost mid-way last season with a concussion during an injury running the bases... it was a shock possibly see a repeat of that scenario possibly playing itself out.

'It was completely precautionary," replied manager Juan Williams,"He felt a slight tweak in his back and we decided to take him out of the game right then and there for evaluation. Fortunately, it turned out to be nothing." Mark returned to the starting lineup the next day.

Possibly related or not... Mark's hot start has cooled a bit since leaving the game with the back injury. He was batting a nice .346 (highly unusually for Wareham) before and is now batting .273 five games later. His OPS has dropped almost .150 points as well.

It definitely looks like Mark could use a couple of days of rest. Many felt he was being pushed too hard last season when he was hurt due to the team not having any viable Shortstop backups on the roster.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: 2039.04 TWC Another Baserunning Scare For Wareham

Post by Spiccoli » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:42 am

I swear to f'ing god... I'm going to hire this guy to give all these shlepts a baserunning clinic. There's far too many players getting injured running the basepaths...

Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2039.04 TWC Another Baserunning Scare For Wareham

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:43 am

Domingo is a secret weapon.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”