2036.17 TWC - Chris Kelly/Batters get Revenge on LaLoosh in rematch after previous embarrassing shut out.

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

2036.17 TWC - Chris Kelly/Batters get Revenge on LaLoosh in rematch after previous embarrassing shut out.

Post by Spiccoli » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Back in August, when Twin Cities was still fighting for relevance in 2036, the River Monsters ran into a buzz saw in Lawrence Laloosh, who laid a complete game, 3 hit shutout beat down on the team.

8/25 Yellow Spings 1, Twin Cities 0

Reece Raynor was solid for his part, going 7+ innings and allowing only 4 hits while giving up no runs. However, the bullpen couldn't hold the shut out and 1 run was all Yellow Springs needed behind Laloosh's stellar outing.

Yellow Springs came to town yesterday with Laloosh starting the home opener. Manager Juan Williams adjusted the pitching rotation to put staff Ace Chris Kelly up against Laloosh this time around.

However, the Twin Cities bats decided show up against the Division Rival, specifically Albert Ganoa, who had Laloosh's number in the early going, hitting a double in the first inning and then scoring on a Ray Cooper double in the next at bat. Then hitting a 3 run Homer in the 5th and another 2 run Homerun in the 6th.

That was more than needed for Chris Kelly, who gave up 2 runs and 6 hits over 8 innings. Kelly was extremely sharp, only allow 6 men on base with no walks. The two runs came on solo shots in the 4th (Castillo - 36th) and the 7th (Robertson - 23rd). The final tally was 7-2, a rare off night by the Yellow Springs ace and multiple Nebraska award winner.

It was a much needed win to stay pace with the hot Long Beach Surfers who still have a 5 game lead over the River Monsters for the final Wild Card spot.

The stoic Albert Ganoa keep it simple in response. "Feels good to get the job done," Gaona said after the game.

http://montybrewster.net/BBA/HTML/news/ ... _9259.html
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: 2036.17 TWC - Chris Kelly/Batters get Revenge on LaLoosh in rematch after previous embarrassing shut out.

Post by Spiccoli » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:46 pm

NOTE - The insert link tab seem bonked for me. It's not allowing me to add the player's name while inserting a link. It just puts the HTML link in without prompting for a Link Title.

Not sure if it's just me or if the forum code needs tweaking. Thanks - Scott
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2036.17 TWC - Chris Kelly/Batters get Revenge on LaLoosh in rematch after previous embarrassing shut out.

Post by RonCo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Wondering if LaLoosh was suffering from the shoulder issue that took hi out of the following game. Grump.

Kelly is very good, of course. Glad to have him back. Kinda.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 am

Spiccoli wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:46 pm
NOTE - The insert link tab seem bonked for me. It's not allowing me to add the player's name while inserting a link. It just puts the HTML link in without prompting for a Link Title.

Not sure if it's just me or if the forum code needs tweaking. Thanks - Scott
Not just you. Try the URL Converter. Otherwise yeah it's a little extra work to do it manually now.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”