2036.16 TWC River Monsters not ready to throw in the Towel, but has Time Run Out?

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

2036.16 TWC River Monsters not ready to throw in the Towel, but has Time Run Out?

Post by Spiccoli » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

"A lot of things have to go right... Most importantly, a very good team deciding to fall apart in the last three weeks," replied manager Juan Williams referring to Long Beach's 5 game lead over Twin Cities and an extremely slim shot at a Post Season Appearance. "We can't worry about games out of our control and only hope there's a shot when it comes to the final three games. For now, our focus needs to be on today and only today."

Juan Williams is referring to the season finale in Long Beach, whom the team is currently chasing for the final Wild Card Spot. In a funny coincidence, Twin Cities was in Long Beach's situation when Omaha caught fire by winning their final 10+ games straight and caught the River Monsters from behind in the final game of the season, forcing a one game play off. Which Omaha beat Twin Cities in extra innings.

Between Twin Cities playing better ball and Long Beach slipping a tad in August, Twin Cities has managed to slowly close the gap, but it looks like time has run out on the River Monsters for a Playoff appearance. Long Beach has stepped up their game recently, Sweeping three games from Frick League Leader, California.

Looking forward to the final three weeks, Long Beach has key series against Omaha, who's in a dog fight with Yellow Springs for the Heartland Lead and San Fernando, who's also jostling for Wild Card Position.

Twin Cities is looking at a rougher final three weeks, with series against Yellow Springs, California and Omaha. Also, Des Moines has had the River Monster's number this season, winning 6 out of the 9 games against Twin Cities this season.

More than likely, the race for the final Play Off race will be long over before the Season Final Series, which will pit Long Beach versus Twin Cities... but weirder things happen in baseball...

Just look at two seasons ago.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2036.16 TWC River Monsters not ready to throw in the Towel, but has Time Run Out?

Post by RonCo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Des Moines has killed us this year.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: 2036.16 TWC River Monsters not ready to throw in the Towel, but has Time Run Out?

Post by Lane » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am

It's certainly possible that the last three games matter. Omaha and San Fernando could both sweep me. Or I could do what I did to California and sweep them. Baseball!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm

2 sims ago I’d have put money on Twin Cities. Of course I’m also a terrible gambler.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50