2035.19 TWC Alvardo returns to action after 2 years on the DL

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

2035.19 TWC Alvardo returns to action after 2 years on the DL

Post by Spiccoli » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am

Alejandro Alavardo

Once promising young pitcher, Alejandro "Cuban Missle" Alavardo is finally ready to return to action after suffering a severe arm injury early 2033 that initially was predicted to keep him out for a year.

Devastating setbacks extended his rehab an additional year plus and more importantly seems to have impacted the stuff and movement on his pitches. Once ranked 36th on the BBA prospect list in 2032, Alvardo looks to struggle to make the River Monster roster. It appears he'll join the Duluth Freeze (AAA) starting rotation for his rehab assignment. The next month will go a long way to predicting if Alejandro's BBA career is over before it even had a chance to start.

At one time, Alejandro was one part of the exciting trio of young pitcher looking to debut with Twin Cities together in 2032. Chris Kelly and Josh Brown have lived up to expectations and appear to on their way future success as big leaguers.

"It's tough to see Alejandro going through his ordeal. He's always been the upbeat and fun guy in the clubhouse, keeping all of us on our toes. Though he's deadly serious when he's on the mound," commented Chris Kelly. "I'm so positive his attitude and drive will pull him through.... Let's hope he's joining us in the near future."
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2035.19 TWC Alvardo returns to action after 2 years on the DL

Post by RonCo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 am

He's in the division, but you have to root for a guy making that kind of come back. At least until he starts winning.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I forgot all about that guy. Too bad his stamina dipped below 5. I would have relief converted him just to minimize future injuries. Hope he does well for you. I'll be rooting for him.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 pm

I feel like I commented at the time of the Lacaze trade that the Cuban Missle had a high probability of being a dud. I don't know. I really don't remember. Let's just all say I did and agree I'm brilliant. Also, I've been on page three of "active topics" for like two hours. I keep commenting on things and that keeps pushing the queue back. Dammit. Stop it Ted.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”